Index Labels

Fast Track & Spartacus: Wk 4, Day 3 - Wed, 22-Feb-2012

. . No comments:
DORIS' DAILY SUMMARY/LEARNINGS: 
  • BP = 135/80, 57 bpm - Not sure why the top # isn't coming down more.  Maybe because I'm still sick?  At least the bottom and resting heartrates aren't too bad.
  • Workout is tough when you're still sick and hacking away.  I only did 2 rounds and pushed as much as I could.  Three rounds would not have been good.
  • It was really helpful last week when I prepared a bunch of chicken tenders (coated in spices/herbs & grated parmesan), ground sirloin patties, and wild salmon.  No real cooking this week other than reheat. 
  • My daughter can also pull her choice of protein to eat for lunch with her salad.  Good deal.
  • Never put the cinnamon near the cayenne pepper or cumin.  They sort of all look alike.  Grabbing the wrong one could cause such a surprise in your food.  A post-workout drink of cayenne pepper or cumin would gag me.
  • Had a guy in his early 20s flirt with me and thought I was "hot"!  I'm old enough to be his mom.  Flattering.
  • My actual scale weight isn't changing, but when I go to pinch my fat, that is getting less.  Bye bye fat!
  • 6.85g Total of Sugar today

SMARTER GOAL:  Start back at workouts again, but I am only going to do 1-2 rounds instead of the 3 and gauge how I feel.  Still a lot of congestion.

SLEEP:  9:30 pm - 6:00 am (8.5 hrs) - Woke up without my alarm feeling well-rested.  Still pretty congested.


SUPPLEMENTS/MEDICINES:
7:15 am - 3 Probiotics, Heart Meds, 3 Oil of Oregano Liquid Veggie Caps, 2 tspns Liquid Silver, 3 Multi-Vitamins, 3 EFAs
1:00 pm - 3 Oil of Oregano Liquid Veggie Caps, 2 tspns Liquid Silver
10:15 pm - 3 Multi-Vitamins, Heart Meds, 1 EFA, 4 Ca/Mg/Z, 3 Oil of Oregano Liquid Veggie Caps, 2 tspns Liquid Silver

EATINGJorge Cruise's Fast Track Menu (Day 24)

Meal 1 @ 7:30 am:   3 scrambled eggs w/Jalepeno Greek Yogurt Dip (0g sugar total) 

Post Workout Drink @ 1:15 pm:  1 serving protein powder, water, cinnamon (2g sugar total) ---> If you have a Magic Bullet, this would be perfect to throw these 3 things in and maybe some ice cubes.  I don't have ice in my freezer, so I put room temp water in the freezer enough for this at the beginning of my workout and it semi-freezes in the hour I'm working out.  I throw all these things into a blender & it makes it nice and creamy, yummy.
 
Mixed Greens, Ground Sirloin Salad
Meal 2 @ 1:30 pm:  handful mixed greens (0g sugar), 1 ground sirloin seasoned patty chopped up, 1/3 red pepper sliced (1.7g sugar), 1/4 cucumber sliced (1.25g sugar), 1/2 serving crumbled feta (0.5g sugar) (3.45g sugar total)  --->  It feels so good to eat this salad.  It was so yummy.  I was going to add a 1/2 avocado, but forgot.  The ground sirloin patty is seasoned so well & tasty.  I love my foods to have good color and look deliciously appealing.  I bet this would cost me at least $10-15 at a nice restaurant, as my greens are organic & the ground sirloin is grass fed. 

Snack @ 4:45 pm:  1 oz raw white cheddar cheese (0g sugar total)

Meal 3 @ 6:45 pm:  purple cauliflower (0g sugar), 1/2 cup zucchini sauteed in butter (1.4g sugar), 1 ground sirloin patty  (1.4g sugar total)  ---> I normally wouldn't eat the same protein 2 meals in a row, but I'm out of cooked salmon and didn't want to defrost the fish and I have quite a few ground sirloin patties so might as well eat them before they aren't good. 

Snack @ 10:15 pm:  1 oz raw white cheddar cheese (0g sugar total) ---> I think I'm addicted to this cheese

WORKOUT

Equipment UsedYoga mat, Polar Heartrate Monitor RS200SD, GymBoss Timer, Swiss Ball, Pampered Chef Timer, 2-10# DBs, 1-15# DB, Foam Roller

Warmup (2 rounds):  3:01
  • Pushups x 8
  • Squats x 12
  • Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
  • Jumping Jacks x 20

Funk Roberts - Spartacus Workout #4 (3 rounds):  Each exercise is max reps in 60 sec followed with 15 sec rest all the way through.  1 Round = 12:30.  This is a 41 min. workout not including warmup and cooldown.

1.  DB Swing w/15# DBs - Reps = 34, 34
2.  Overhead DB Static Forward Lunge w/2-10# DBs - Reps = 14, 17
3.  Tuck Jumps - Reps = 15, 16
4.  Plank Kick Under - Reps = 34, 37
5.  Double DB Squat and Press Up w/2-10# DBs- Reps = 21, 17
6.  Swiss Ball Leg Curls (Both Legs @ Same Time) - Reps = 18, 16
7.  DB Pass & Shoot (Press Up, to 1 Side, Other Side, Forward, Back to Chest) w/1-15# DB - Reps = 9, 10
8.  Side-to-Side Hop Overs - Reps = 39, 40
9.  DB Swing Catch & Press (Swing DB b/t legs up to head, squat & catch, press up) w/1-15# DB - Reps = 12, 11
10.  Swiss Ball Jack Knife - Reps = 10, 12

Cooldown12:38 ---> Used foam roller today as I felt my right knee not so great on the lunges.

Heartrates
Warmup:  Max HR = 137 bpm, Avg HR = 105 bpm
Round 1:  Max HR = 141 bpm, Avg HR = 123 bpm
Round 2:  Max HR = 152 bpm, Avg HR = 136 bpm
Cooldown:  Max HR = 137 bpm, Avg HR = 118 bpm

Total Time:  44:06
Calories Burned:  520
Max HR:  152 bpm
Avg HR:  124 bpm

Zone 1 = 9:58, Zone 2 = 6:27, Zone 3 = 5:24, Zone 4 = 0:30


Notes:  The Jack Knifes were hard.  I didn't do them the way Funk did it in his video as that isn't the right way.  My hands were on the ground and you bring your butt into the air like an upside down V shape.  Those were REALLY hard and I could really feel my abs so engaged.  The exercise before was a challenge for me because I didn't have a kettlebell and I was swinging and trying to catch a DB and get into the rhythm of the whole thing which my rhythm isn't too great for that.

Tuck jumping wasn't all that fun either.  But, the explosive movements are good for the body.  Funk does the Swiss Leg Curls a bit funky.  He really should've had his butt way off the floor instead of what it looked like in the video.  My butt was off the floor.

I've been sick for a week now and still coughing a lot.  I'm hoping that the Liquid Silver is kicking in and this coughing will stop very soon.  I could not have made it through 3 rounds of this routine.  My heartrates are a bit low, but maybe it's because I'm sick or maybe I'm overall getting fitter.  Though I have been sick, I have not strayed off of eating any grains or starches (for the most part . . . as a couple times I didn't realize that baking powder had starch in it). 

Though I pushed as hard as I could with the coughing and not feeling all that strong, my Zone heartrates show the opposite of how I normally workout.  Can't wait until I'm totally feeling great again.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive