Index Labels

Fast Track & Spartacus: Wk 4, Day 5 - Fri, 24-Feb-2012

. . No comments:
DORIS' DAILY SUMMARY/LEARNINGS: 
  • BP = 120/81, 59 bpm - This shows my body is healing.  Hope the cough goes completely away today. 
  • My mom gave me a bunch of CVS ExtraBucks.  Got myself some beauty stuff - okay, free hair dye!  Yay mom!  Love free useful stuff.
  • Okay, just didn't feel super hungry today until later afternoon.  Yes, I know.  No veggies today and it was mainly all protein today.  Hungry for protein today.
  • Lots of coughing after my workout and during it.  Ugggh.  So tired of coughing.
  • 2g Total of Sugar today

SMARTER GOAL:  Listen to my body as I workout and don't overdue & WRITE!  --->  Failed at writing today.


SLEEP:  10:30 pm - 6:30 am (8 hrs) - Woke up feeling fine.  No real coughing until after awake for about 2.5 hrs.


SUPPLEMENTS/MEDICINES:
8:45 am - 3 Probiotics, Heart Meds, 3 Oil of Oregano Liquid Veggie Caps, 2 tspns Liquid Silver, 3 Multi-Vitamins, 3 EFAs
2:00 pm - 3 Oil of Oregano Liquid Veggie Caps, 2 tspns Liquid Silver
10:15 pm - 3 Multi-Vitamins, Heart Meds, 1 EFA, 4 Ca/Mg/Z, 3 Oil of Oregano Liquid Veggie Caps, 2 tspns Liquid Silver

EATINGJorge Cruise's Fast Track Menu (Day 26)

Meal 1 @ 8:45 am:   3 scrambled eggs w/Jalepeno Greek Yogurt Dip (0g sugar total) 

Post Workout Drink @ 1:45 pm:  1 serving protein powder, water, cinnamon, unsweetened coconut milk (2g sugar total) ---> Left the water too long & it got a bit frozen, so I added some warmer coconut milk to it.  Tasted a bit watered down (my drink).

Meal 2 @ 3:45 pm:  a grilled chicken leg & thigh (0g sugar total)   

Meal 3 @ 5:45 pm:  a rotisserie chicken breast & leg (0g sugar total)   


WORKOUT

Equipment UsedYoga mat, Polar Heartrate Monitor RS200SD, GymBoss Timer, Swiss Ball, Pampered Chef Timer, 2-12# DBs, 1-15# DB

Warmup (2 rounds):  2:58
  • Pushups x 8
  • Squats x 12
  • Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
  • Jumping Jacks x 20
Funk Roberts - Spartacus Workout #4 (3 rounds):  Each exercise is max reps in 60 sec followed with 15 sec rest all the way through.  1 Round = 12:30.  This is a 41 min. workout not including warmup and cooldown.

1.  DB Swing w/15# DBs - Reps = 36, 35 ---> slightly better than Wed
2.  Overhead DB Static Forward Lunge w/2-12# DBs - Reps = 17, 13 --->  Accidentally increased weight from 10# DBs to 12# DBs.  Grabbed the wrong ones.  Reps about the same, so improvement.
3.  Tuck Jumps - Reps = 20, 16 ---> Better than Wed
4.  Plank Kick Under - Reps = 44, 39 ---> Better than Wed
5.  Double DB Squat and Press Up w/2-12# DBs- Reps = 17, 13 ---> Increased weight caused big drop in reps.
6.  Swiss Ball Leg Curls (Both Legs @ Same Time) - Reps = 20, 23 ---> Better in reps than Wed but worse on form.
7.  DB Pass & Shoot (Press Up, to 1 Side, Other Side, Forward, Back to Chest) w/1-15# DB - Reps = 9, 11 ---> Same as Wed
8.  Side-to-Side Hop Overs - Reps = 36, 31 --->  Way worse than Wed
9.  DB Swing Catch & Press (Swing DB b/t legs up to head, squat & catch, press up) w/1-15# DB - Reps = 13, 14 --->  Slightly better than Wed
10.  Swiss Ball Jack Knife - Reps = 12, 10 ---> Form was bad.  Same reps as Wed.

Cooldown:  5:28 ---> Just not really into my workout today.  Had trouble breathing with coughing.

Heartrates
Warmup:  Max HR = 130 bpm, Avg HR = 107 bpm
Round 1:  Max HR = 142 bpm, Avg HR = 126 bpm
Round 2:  Max HR = 148 bpm, Avg HR = 135 bpm
Cooldown:  Max HR = 130 bpm, Avg HR = 118 bpm

Total Time:  35:38
Calories Burned:  427
Max HR:  148 bpm
Avg HR:  123 bpm

Zone 1 = 13:06, Zone 2 = 5:08, Zone 3 = 5:24, Zone 4 = 0:20


Notes: Though I did not cough as much as last workout, it was still present and posed breathing issues for me.  I couldn't get deep enough breaths, which caused me to be tired quicker.  I wanted to attempt a third round and though I wasn't as tired as Wed, my breathing was just awful.  So, I chose to stop.  The HR Zone graph is the same shape as Wed.

Of the 4 workouts, this is the one that was probably the easiest.  I think the one that was really the toughest was Workout #2 where I injured my wrist and mainly did all leg stuff.  THAT was a killer workout, so I am confident I can make harder workouts than Funk Roberts that will give me a good workout. 

I think starting next week for the next 4 weeks, I'll be making up my own Spartacus workouts using some of Scott Colby's & Zuzka Light's stuff.  They have great moves.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive