Index Labels

Fast Track & Spartacus: Wk 2, Day 3 - Wed, 8-Feb-2012

. . No comments:
DORIS' DAILY SUMMARY/LEARNINGS: 
  • Focused, paid writing is a lot of work and really wipes me out.  Need to ensure there are breaks, but for not too long.
  • Trigger points in your body can weaken other muscles and cause overuse in other muscles, and eventually, if you're doing anything high intensity for too long or even for a little bit, this can lead to injuries.  Stretching out isn't enough and I will post sometime in the future about what I've done with trigger points in my body.
  • Good form is important in doing all exercises, otherwise possible injuries.
  • What you eat plays a HUGE part in bodyfat loss.  That's my focus rather than on how much I actually weigh on the scale.
  • Eating low sugar throughout the day helps to stabilize your energy levels.
  • Not eating grains or starches helps to eliminate cravings.
  • The combination of low sugar and no grains/starches, combined with HIIT workouts consistently can really help you shed fat, give you better mental accuity
  • Because I wanted to finish up the leftovers that I made Sunday, I ate way too much.  Should've just put things in smaller containers back in the frig, but someone brought a bunch of food as a gift and that is taking room in the frig now.  Tamales!  No tamales for me.
  • Allowed 2 things to really bother me this afternoon and it's sucking energy from me.  Gotta give it to God!

SMARTER GOAL:  Write & take breaks --->  Success!

SLEEP:   10 pm - 6:15 am (8.25 hrs) - I woke up feeling tired, wanting to go back to sleep.  Nice & warm in bed.  Once I got up and get ready, was fine, though.


SUPPLEMENTS/MEDICINES:
7:15 am - 3 Probiotics
7:30 am - Heart Meds, 3 Multi-Vitamins, 3 EFAs, 4 Ca/Mg/Z
7:00 pm - 3 Multi-Vitamins, Heart Meds, 1 EFA

EATINGJorge Cruise's Fast Track Menu (Day 10)
Meal 1 @ 7:15 am:   low fat cottage cheese, cinnamon, 1/8 cup raw almonds
 
Meal 2 @ 12:45 pm: 2 scoops of protein powder (low in sugar) with cinnamon, 3/4 cup blueberries in room temp water --->  This was way too sweet.  I forgot to put water in the freezer to get cold while I worked out, so I used frozen blueberries.  Didn't realize that low-sugar for 12 days that this would taste so sweet.  I can see just eating this little fruit is making me feel a big sluggish and tired.  Wow!

Salad w/Tuna
Meal 3 @ 1:15 pm:  4 oz white tuna in water from Trader Joe's, 1/2 zucchini sliced, 1/2 orange pepper sliced, 1 small avocado sliced, big handful of mixed greens, crumbled gorgonzola cheese 

Meal 4 @ 7:15 pm:  2 bowls of New England Clam Chowder (from 2 nights ago), a bunch Italian Meatballs (from 2 nights ago) - finishing leftovers so that gets rid of 2 more things in the frig, and I ate way too much.  Was going to make some veggies, but didn't feel like it.  I feel sick from eatin gtoo much.

WORKOUT

My wrist is feeling a little better but going to give it time to heal.  I greatly worked with a baseball sized ball on the muscles in my forearms which were super tight and probably caused my wrist injury.  They are sore from working out trigger points, but they are not completely worked out yet, but giving a 2-3 days to heal before I start working on it again.

Equipment UsedYoga mat, Polar Heartrate Monitor RS200SD, GymBoss Timer, Swiss Ball, Pampered Chef Timer, Foam Roller

Warmup (2 rounds):  4:05 (didn't want to put any weight on my left wrist)
  • Squats x 20 reps
  • Jumping Jacks x 20
  • High Knee Lifts x 20 total

Funk Roberts - Spartacus Workout #2 (3 rounds):  Each exercise is max reps in 60 sec followed with 15 sec rest all the way through.  1 Round = 12:30.  This is a 41 min. workout not including warmup and cooldown.
1.  High Knees - Reps = 165, 187, 185 (similar to Monday)
2.  Jump Split Lunges - Reps = 31, 33, 32 (better than Monday)
3.  Alternating Side Jump Lunge Exercise - Reps = 44, 41, 35 (much better than Monday)
4.  Alternating Sumo High Knees with Elbow (same side) to Knees (video at 4:14) - Reps = 45, 49, 45 (worse than Monday)
5.  Swiss Ball Butt Bridges - Reps = 24, 33, 37 (much better than Monday)
6.  Russian Twist Feet on Floor - Reps = 62, 68, 80 (better than Monday)
7.  Surfer Stance Switch (Squat, Touch the Ground, Jump to Flip Side, Squat, Touch Ground) (video at 0:47) - Reps = 23, 21, 25 (better than Monday)
8.  Side-to-Side Lunge Jump Tucks (video at 2:22)  - Reps = 12, 12, 13 (better than Monday)
9.  Alternating Sumo Squat, Straight Leg Side Raise - Reps = 18, 20, 22 (better than Monday)
10.  Log Jump Overs (Note:  I jumped with both feet together, harder) - Reps = 34, 35, 41 (similar to Monday

Cooldown:  21:14 ---> stretching out entire body from neck to ankles.  Today used foam roller on back, quads, IT band and used softball sized ball to loosen up psoas and lower calves

Heartrates
Warmup:  Max HR = 127 bpm, Avg HR = 107 bpm ---> Good that I'm not having HR spikes here.
Round 1:  Max HR = 179 bpm, Avg HR = 141 bpm ---> Wow, max hr got high
Round 2:  Max HR = 161 bpm, Avg HR = 151 bpm ---> Working harder today than Monday
Round 2:  Max HR = 165 bpm, Avg HR = 156 bpm
Cooldown:  Max HR = 160 bpm, Avg HR = 127 bpm ---> Recovery not as good today as Monday

Total Time:  1:07:02
Calories Burned:  965
Max HR:  179 bpm
Avg HR:  139 bpm

Zone 1 = 9:40, Zone 2 = 6:58, Zone 3 = 10:36, Zone 4 = 14:58, Zone 5 = 11:38

Notes:  My heartrates got pretty high today.  I did push hard.  Spent longer time in cooldown to make sure I addressed areas that I haven't been, so they don't later become problems.  Did better in 9/10 exercises today.This workout didn't seem as torturous as Monday.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive