Index Labels

Jorge's Skinny Muffins

. . No comments:

Traditional energy bars are often packed with sugar, which can cause a spike and a subsequent crash. These muffins are designed to provide sustainable energy that lasts through lunch, thanks to coconut oil, a healthy ...fat that’s good for your brain, fiber-rich flaxseed and egg protein.


Makes one serving


Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup ground flax
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp coconut oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 packet stevia

Directions
Mix all ingredients together in a mug and microwave for 50 seconds. Allow to cool to a safe temperature and enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------

My Comments:
  • Very easy to make.  I already had all the ingredients at home.
  • I could taste the slight after bite of the Stevia and I didn't really care for this.
  • You could still make this low-sugar maybe adding a bit of blueberries in it to take the edge off the stevia.
  • Not sure how much sugar is in honey or maple syrup, but I'd probably prefer those at some later point when I'm not having sugar issues.
  • Instead of ground flaxseed, you could grind up other nuts, use almond meal and still keep this grain free.
  • Or, if you have a low-sugar, good tasting whey protein powder, you could add it to this.
  • The taste is like a bran muffin with a slight sugary after bite.  I'd almost not even want to put the stevia in.
  • For chocolately taste, you could mix in bits of 85% chocolate.
  • I used a soup mug, which is why my muffin turned out so stout.
  • My kids (8 & 11 yrs old) can make this for a breakfast and I can actually see making these in a muffin pan (altering the recipe, though) and adding a whipped cream cheese frosting on these to make them gluten, grain and starch free.  Pretty cool!
  • I made it just 15 min. ago for my kids using xylitol instead of stevia and with a small handful of blueberries.  THIS tastes much better this way.  The xylitol tastes better than the stevia without an aftertaste.  Blueberries give it more flavor, but when you add the fruit, this muffin now has some sugar.  I think 1/4 cup blueberries might be 3g sugar.  They thought it was so cool that a muffin can be made so easily.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive