Also, I did modify a little with the cheeses with the kinds I had, and it turned out great!
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped finely
- 10 garlic cloves, minced (I love garlic!)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup cheddar & colby cheese, grated
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped finely
- 1 large egg
- 1 heaping Tblspn Dijon mustard
- sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs ground sirloin (lean, not fatty) - meat should be at room temperature
- 4 Tbspns tomato paste
- 2 Tbspns warm water
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- I used a ceramic non-stick pan to cook the onion and garlic, so no oil was needed, but if you need a little oil to keep it from sticking, then do so. Cook onion & garlic on medium for about 5 min, stirring occasionally. The onion should turn translucent.
- Combine in a large stainless steel bowl the cheeses, breadcrumbs, parsley, egg, mustard, salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Crumble ground meat into the breadcrumb mixture. Mix with hands until evenly mixed.
- In a separate small bowl, mix tomato paste & warm water until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Spray a meatloaf pan (about 4" x 8") with olive oil.
- Pack meatloaf pan with the meat mixture, pressing down to pack is thoroughly combined.
- Spread the tomato paste mixture over the meatloaf.
- Cook meatloaf in oven for 60 min.
- Let stand for 5 min.
- Serve with a side of potatoes. Try my Lemon Herb Roasted Potatoes.