Index Labels

Shredded Buffalo Pork

. . No comments:
I got pork for a great price the other day and Super Bowl always makes me think of appetizers such as chicken wings.  So sad that we are out of chicken wings at the house.  Will be waiting until these go on sale again before I get more, but in the meantime, the craving for the "Buffalo" taste lingers.

The lightbulb went off!  Why not crockpot, pork and Frank´s Hot Sauce?  This recipe is inspired from the Buffalo Wings the other day and this one was even easier.  I can hear Ron Popeil saying, "Set it and forget it!"  Seriously, you can´t get any easier than 2 ingredients.

Shredded Buffalo Pork Over A Bed of Shredded Cabbage with Colombian Patacones
Ingredients:
  • 3 lb pork roast or 3 lbs of any cut of pork (preferably trim the fat)
  • 1 cup of Frank´s hot sauce
Directions:
  • Place pork in a crockpot.
  • Pour Frank´s Hot Sauce over pork.
  • Place lid on crockpot.
  • Set on LOW for 8 hrs or HIGH for 4 hrs.
  • After cooking, remove bones and shred with tongs.
I really need to get a smaller crockpot when I am not making a lot.

We had this with our Colombian Patacones last night, however, today as my weight is up, this will be a grainless and starchless day for me.  But, I will be using this dish to make a healthy, spicy salad.  Recipe to come.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate