Normally I do not use potatoes often in my recipes, but my beau does love potatoes and periodically, we can have them. Baking is always a good option.
- 4 lbs of potatoes (I used russet), peeled & cut into 1" pieces
- 1 lemon, the juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- sea salt
- ground pepper
- 1 Tbspn oregano
- 1 Tbspn thyme
- 1 Tbspn basil
- 1/2 tspn cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Boil cut potatoes in water for 3-4 min. ONLY with some sea salt.
- Remove potatoes from stove, drain.
- Gently toss potatoes with fresh lemon juice.
- In a small stainless steel bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, mixing well.
- Gently toss herbed olive oil with the potatoes.
- Spray baking pans with olive oil.
- Set potatoes out on baking pans only 1 layer. Do not stack potatoes.
- Bake potatoes in oven for 60-70 min., turning potatoes every 20 min.
- After every time you turn the potatoes, spray with a little olive oil.
This dish is great served with meatloaf!!!