Index Labels

Fried Mexican Squash

. . No comments:
I had some Mexican squash in the frig that was going to start looking not to good so I had to figure out what to do with this that my beau and kids would like to eat.  Since I was making Baked Buffalo Wings, how could this Mexican squash compliment this meal?  This is what I came up with.


Ingredients:
  • 3-4 cups oil for deep frying
  • 3 medium Mexican squash, sliced 1/4" thick
  • 5 eggs, whisked
  • 2 cups panko bread crumbs
  • 2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1 1/2 cups walnut meal
  • 1/4 cup garlic powder
  • 2 Tbspns sea salt
  • 1 Tbspn ground pepper
  • 1/2 tspn cayenne pepper
Directions:
  • Heat oil to the point of frying.  Since I used a ceramic pot, I set this to medium high.  It took about 10 min. to heat up to temp.  Use a wooden spoon and slightly dip into the oil.  If bubbles appear at the edges of the wooden spoon, the oil is ready to be used to fry the squash.  Learned this from Fabio Viviani and works great.  No thermometer needed.
  • Place 3 shallow bowls out.
  • In 1 bowl, combine the walnut meal, garlic powder, salt, peppers, and mix well with hand.
  • In another bowl, whisk the eggs.
  • In another bowl, combine the panko bread crumbs and cheese.
  • Coat each slice of squash with the walnut meal mixture.  
  • Dip each coated squash slice with egg.
  • Coat each of the egg dipped squash slices with the panko bread crumbs.
  • Continue until all the slices are done before frying.
  • Place slices in the ready for frying oil.  Only put enough to where there is 1 layer.  Do not overly crowd the pot.
  • Fry for a couple minutes on each side.  The squash slices should be golden brown.
  • Take out and drain on paper towels or a rack.
  • Serve hot and with Lemon-Avocado Sauce.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate