Makes 24 Cookies.
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2/3 cup xylitol
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup almond flour (about 1/2 cup almonds ground in a coffee grinder)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup stevia sweetened whey protein powder
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 4 oz dark chocolate (85% or great), chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
Beat together butter, xylitol, and vanilla extract until ight and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time.
Whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, whey powder, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. STir dry ingredients into butter mixture. Stir in chopped walnuts and chocolate until combined.
Spoon heaping teaspons of batter 2" apart on prepared baking sheet. Place in freezer for 5 min. Remove and bake for 9-10 min. Cookies will be lacy and spread during baking. Cool cookies completely on baking sheet.
Store in airtight container. Cookies crumble when exposed to air.