Index Labels

Fast Track & Spartacus: Wk 1, Day 4 - Thurs, 2-Feb-2012

. . No comments:
DORIS' DAILY SUMMARY/LEARNINGS: 
  • My healthier habits are inspiring my children to eat better, and my daughter to begin working out.  I'm giving her different workouts than me.  I'm a lot more flexible physically and have lifted for a long time.  I'm having her do light weights, the trampoline, get basic exercises down without weights first.
  • Every day I succeed at my goals is helping me with being consistent.
  • My blood pressure remains higher, which causes me to have headaches.  I'm pretty in tuned with my body.   Added Ca/Mg/Z to see if this will naturally help my BP along with what I've been doing.  It may take my body some time to adjust to the drastic change in my eating - low sugar/no grains/no starches and not feeding it any crap.
  • Remember that when we make changes against what our bodies are used to, it will look to protect itself.  I believe the BP is a byproduct of what I'm doing but once my body realizes this is for real, it will lower to a safer level.  My sugar levels probably have been all over the place.  Hopefully by next week it'll go lower so these headaches stop.
  • One of my goals in addition to dropping bodyfat, getting my blood sugar levels good, increasing my HDL, lowering my triglycerides is to have my body go from a sugar burner to a fat burner.  When fat is used as a main source for energy, that is called "ketosis"
  • My weight this morning is the same as yesterday, though I ate all that food.  I feel less puffy.
  • I've had no gassiness or constipation the past 6 days.  Maybe that's caused by eliminating grains & starches?
  • Talked to my dr's office and they said my BP should not be high after this many days, so it might be another thing.  Possibly an electrolyte issue where I need potassium.  She recommended Zico Coconut Water, but that has 12 g of sugar per serving, which is a lot.  I bought some, but reluctant to drink it.
  • I got some Emergen-C Lite, which has less than 1 g sugar per serving and has 200 g of Potassium.  I took 2 packets and will see if that makes a difference.
  • I've intermittently felt hungry today, but it wasn't time to eat.  But, being busy helped stave off hunger.  Overall, I ate less today and it makes sense as I ate more yesterday.

SMARTER GOAL:  Go for a walk either with my kids or after getting writing done.  ---  Failed at this goal today.  I did not walk, nor did I get to do my writing (the paid kind).  Drat.

SLEEP:  11:00 pm - 5:15 am (6.25 hrs) - I went to bed later by more than an hour last night and woke up earlier automatically.  Both nights after working out, I tend to get less sleep.  Not sure why that is.  I would've loved to be able to sleep to 6 am.  My alarm was set for 6:15 am.  I'm feeling a little tired this morning.  I may have to take a morning nap as I'm kinda out of it.  I don't feel like I have had enough sleep.  Did not end up taking a nap, as I felt better as the morning went on.

SUPPLEMENTS/MEDICINES:
7:15 am - Heart Meds, 3 Multi-Vitamins, 3 Probiotics, 3 EFAs, 4 Ca/Mg/Z
7:20 pm - 3 Multi-Vitamins, Heart Meds, 1 EFA

EATINGJorge Cruise's Fast Track Menu (Day 4)
Meal 1 @ 7:15 am:   a little more than 2 eggs scrambled w/baby spinach (no oil) seasoned with a little salt & pepper and a little heavy cream, 1 piece turkey (no nitrite bacon), 1 piece of other bacon (no nitrite) --->  Jorge's meal is 2 eggs sunny side, bacon, coffee & half half.  I don't drink coffee and I basicaly put the half & half in the eggs.

Meal 2 @ 10:15 pm:  wasn't hungry.  Didn't eat anything.
Meal 3 @ 12:15 pm:  2.5 oz dark fin tuna w/avocado, big handful of mixed greens

Meal 4 @ 4:30 pm:  12 raw macademia nuts

Meal 5 @ 7:00 pm:  Grilled tilapia (about 1/3 lb) with a butter/chopped Italian parsley/lemon zest/sea salt/ground pepper, stir fry artichoke & cauliflower in butter w/sea salt & ground pepper, cumin & minced garlic

WORKOUT

Did not manage to get my walk in.  Too busy doing stuff for my daughter that needed to be done, as well as for my kids.  Still not done.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive