Index Labels

Baked Artichoke Dip

. . No comments:
This recipe was taken from Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure Fast Track book.  It's in Section 5 - The Ultimate Carb Swap Recipes.

Makes 4 Servings


Ingredients
  • 2 (14-oz) cans artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
  • 4 green onions, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 Tbspn lemon juice
  • 1/4 tspn cayenne pepper
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • salt & pepper, to taste

Directions
Preheat oven to 350° F.  Spray a 1-quart baking dish with olive oil cooking spray; set aside.

Place all chopped artichokes, green onions, and garlic in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.  Add mayonnaise, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper; pulse until just combined.  With motor running, slowly pour in olive oil until thoroughly blended.

Season to taste with salt & pepper; transfer to prepared baking dish.  Bake in preheated oven 40-45 minutes, until the mixture is set and top is golden brown.

Serve warm.

----------------------------------------

My Comments:
  • This is very easy to make and I made this recipe with 3 cans of artichoke hearts in water, but left most of the rest of the stuff the same.  Very delicious.
  • For added spiciness, you can add more cayenne pepper and lemon, which is what I did.  It gave it more of a bite, and I like things garlicky.  My kids LOVED this!
  • I used a light mayo with no sweeteners in it, and a light sour cream.  The sour cream was the only thing that had any sugar, so this entire dip, which really serves more like 12, has about 8g sugar total.  Per serving, it's <1g sugar.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive