Index Labels

Coconut Flour Bread

. . No comments:
This recipe is taken from Rob Cooper's site:  Former Fat Guy.  I've met Rob and his wife when they were here in AZ.  Rob is the one that introduced me to Isagenix stuff and I love their stuff.  Learned a lot from Rob over the years.  He is a true inspiration.

This is so drop dead simple, even the worst cooks can make this at home. It uses 4 ingredients, 2 of which are from coconuts.
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 3/4 cup coconut flour

Ideally you’d want to use pasture eggs from your local farmer rather than supermarket eggs because of the improved nutritional profile pasture eggs have. Do what you have to do though.

Mix all ingredients together and pour into a small bread pan wiped down with a little coconut oil.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

Empty the bread out onto a towel or plate and leave it to cool for a while. Lining the bread pan with a little coconut oil should make the job easier.

Because the bread is so dense, it doesn’t rise very high as you can see in the picture. When you prepare your bread pan with the oil, pay attention to the bottom portions of the pan.  (You'll have to click on his link above to see his picture.)




My Comments:
  • Since I didn't want the bread to be as dense, I added 1 tspn of baking powder.  Then, I read that some baking powders have cornstarch, which I'm avoiding starches.  So, a substitute for this is for every 1 tspn of baking powder, you use 2/3 tspn cream of tartar to 1/3 tspn baking soda.
  • It looks like bread, but does have a significantly different taste and texture, which would take some getting used to.  It is more crumbly, has a slightly coconutty taste (well, the coconut oil & coconut flour).
  • I sprayed my bread pan (like a meatloaf pan) with olive oil.  Easier than getting my hand oily.
  • Very easy to make, as I had all the ingredients at home. 
  • I might try to put blueberries in next time or add bananas, that is, when sugar isn't as big of an issue for me. 
  • I wonder what this would taste like with avocado, mixed greens and some ham or roast beef.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive