Index Labels

Fresh Pesto Sauce

. . No comments:
This recipe was taken from Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure Fast Track book.  It's in Section 5 - The Ultimate Carb Swap Recipes.

Makes 2 Cups

Ingredients
  • 3 cups fresh basil leaves
  • 1.5 cups walnuts, chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 1 cup olive oil
  • salt & pepper, to taste

Directions


Raw Ingredients - There is garlic & ground peper (not shown)
In a food process, blend together the basil leaves, nuts and garlic.  Pour oil in slowly while continuing to mix.


Add salt & pepper to taste.  If you like more oil, add more oil

Stir in salt & pepper to taste.


This pesto can be used on so much.  Yummy.

--------------------------

My Comments:
  • Except for the walnuts, I honestly do not know how much I used of each ingredient.  I do know that I used 2 packs of fresh organic basil from Trader Joe's.  I did use more than 4 cloves of garlic, though, but not sure how many as I had a big bag of peeled garlic and just threw them into the food processor.
  • The additional garlic gave the pesto a bigger bite.
  • Using walnuts instead of pinenuts gives it a different flavor and you can taste the walnutty flavor.  Pinenuts, the last I checked, was about $18/lb, as opposed to the $14 for 3 lb bag at Costco. 
  • I want to experiment with different pestos, even those that do not use any nuts, like an asparagus pesto.  I have that recipe somewhere and will post it sometime when I remember and find it.
  • This was a super easy recipe to make.
  • Pork Roast with Seasonings in Crockpot - Before Cooking
  • I am adding this to an Italian pork that I have in the crockpot all day.  Hopefully the meat will just be like a pulled pork dish.  My kids are going to make zucchini noodles and I'm going to toss the pork, pesto and noodles together to make a no grain, no starch, very low sugar dish that has good fats and is very delicious. 

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive