Index Labels

Jorge's Zesty Chicken Bacon Linguini

. . No comments:
I got this off of Jorge's Belly Fat Cure website.  I am not using wheat linguini in my dish and making it completely grain & starch free, so this is based off his recipe, but my rendition.

Serves 4.

Ingredients:
  • 1 chicken breast pounded to about 1/2" thick
  • 2 cups of broccoli, loosely chopped
  • extra virgin olive oil
  • 8-12 strips of bacon, cooked & chopped (I broiled in oven for about 10 min. one side, 5 min. on other side)
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 red pepper, chopped
  • 2 zucchinis
  • Butter
  • Ground pepper
  • Shredded parmesan

Directions:
  1. Toss broccoli in a little extra virgin olive oil and place in baking dish.  Bake at 350° F for about 20 min.
  2. Using a little olive oil, cook flattened chicken breast on medium heat covered.  I actually used some of the bacon grease to cook chicken breast in.  An easy way to flatten raw chicken breast is to cut it in thirds, place between plastic wrap and pound with a mallet.  Since I didn't have a mallet, I used a heavy saucepan.  If you don't cut the chicken breast into thirds, it makes it much hard to pound down to 1/2" thickness.  You want the chicken pretty much even thickness throughout so you can get all parts cooked evenly.  I covered the chicken to seal in juices, but to help it cook faster.  You can also use the George Foreman grill and spray with olive oil.  Another way to cook the chicken is dicing it up all raw and sauteing all this in bacon grease or butter.
  3. You can make this dish with linguini, but since I'm grain free, I am using zucchini noodles.  What this is is placing zucchini in a vegetable slicer that slices these into noodle shape.  You can use the noodles as is (raw) or saute lightly in butter for more flavor.  We do not peel the zucchinis.
  4. From some of the bacon grease, you can saute the onions first for a couple minutes, then add garlic & red pepper and saute for another 2-3 more minutes.  I do not like these overly cooked.
  5. Jorge in his video had the broccoli as a side.  Since I have kids, I just tossed the broccoli, bacon, onions/garlic/red peppers/chicken/zucchini noodles all together.  You can add some ground pepper, but with all the flavor from the veggies, bacon, and bacon grease, no need to add more salt.
  6. Serve topped with a little shredded parmesan.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive