- This is a very busy week. Have a lot of writing to do, 2 full day field trips, car needs an oil change, family coming into town this week, family gathering, 2 life groups, parties Fri-Sun. Gotta stay on track.
- Life is short, I am reminded once again as I learned today a friend that had gone missing last Wednesday was found dead yesterday. I am very saddened for him and his family. He and his wife has made a big, positive difference in my life.
- Cooked a dozen hard-boiled eggs yesterday.
- I haven't counted really anything than the number hours I sleep a night and repetitions in my exercises, but for the next 2 weeks, I am going to see how much sugar I am consuming - joining Scott Colby's Facebook Challenge to keep to 15g or fewer of sugar. I'm pretty sure that since 27-Jan-2012 that I have probably been eating < 15g/day if not < 10g/day.
- My blood pressure was 122/82, 65 bpm this morning, so the past few days maintaining My cell alarm going off is always startling, which I take my BP a few minutes after this. I'm thinking I'm not giving my body enough rest during my menstrual cycle and may nap again today. I'm also feeling a bit depressed about my friend's death. Though this is a good BP for me, I'd like to see it about 110/68, 55 bpm or lower as I continue to drop bodyfat and get fitter. Eventually I'd like to be off my heart meds, this year, if possible.
- Wasn't hungry for either of my snacks, so I didn't eat.
- Found purple cauliflower as well as green. A little pricey, but hope it's worth it. Looking forward to eating it within the next week.
- Made a bunch of parmesan-cumin-garlic powder-thyme-oregano chicken tenders on broil. If my kids don't eat them, it should last me about 5-7 meals.
- Made enough salmon broiled for 2-3 meals, unless my kids chow down on this.
- For those on Scott Colby's exercise stuff, you can take 10 of his exercises and make them into a Spartacus workout by doing 60:15 intervals. Scott has a ton of cool exercises.
- 8g Total of Sugar today
SMARTER GOAL: See how things go with my wrist and if things don't workout, then change the exercises to what I can do without my left wrist hurting. ---> Success. No issues with my wrist.
SLEEP: 9:45 pm - 6:30 am (8.75 hrs) - Still felt a little tired this morning. Guessing it's caused by my menstrual cycle.
7:15 am - 3 Probiotics
9:00 am - Heart Meds, 3 Multi-Vitamins, 3 EFAs, 4 Ca/Mg/Z
8:00 pm - 3 Multi-Vitamins, Heart Meds, 1 EFA
EATING: Jorge Cruise's Fast Track Menu (Day 15)
|Breakfast - Eggs & Cheese|
|Post Workout Smoothie|
Meal 2 @ 12:55 pm: Post-Workout smoothie (2 scoops low sugar protein powder), a handful of baby spinach, cinnamon, icey water ---> tastes better without the spinach, but the spinach has good greens nutrients (3g sugar total - 1 from spinach, 2 from protein powder)
|Meal 3 - Salad w/Tuna|
|Meal 4 - Salmon & Brussel Sprouts|
Equipment Used: Yoga mat, Polar Heartrate Monitor RS200SD, GymBoss Timer, Swiss Ball, Pampered Chef Timer, Milk Crate
Warmup (2 rounds): 3:12
- Pushups x 8
- Squats x 12
- Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
- Jumping Jacks x 20
Funk Roberts - Spartacus Workout #3 (3 rounds): Each exercise is max reps in 60 sec followed with 15 sec rest all the way through. 1 Round = 12:30. This is a 41 min. workout not including warmup and cooldown.
1. DB Curl & Press Up w/10# DBs - Reps = 12, 13, 14
2. Pushup Alternating Forward Punch & Opposite Rear Kick - Reps = 16, 23, 25
3. Bench Jump Ups on Milk Crate - Reps = 16, 16, 16
4. Swiss Ball Planks - Reps = 60 sec, 60 sec, 60 sec
5. Walkouts - Reps = 10, 11, 14
6. Lying Swiss DB Press w/15# DBs - Reps = 18, 13, 13
7. High Knee Stationary Run - Reps = 190, 188, 180
8. Swiss Ball Crunch - Reps = 40, 44, 50
9. Spiderman Pushups - Reps = 20, 21, 25
10. Skater Hops - Reps = 40, 42, 39
Cooldown: 12:03 ---> I focused more on upper body stretching out today, but also did lower body. No foam roller today and just didn't feel like stretching out as much today.
Warmup: Max HR = 133 bpm, Avg HR = 116 bpm
Round 1: Max HR = 150 bpm, Avg HR = 132 bpm
Round 2: Max HR = 157 bpm, Avg HR = 141 bpm
Round 3: Max HR = 162 bpm, Avg HR = 148 bpm
Cooldown: Max HR = 155 bpm, Avg HR = 128 bpm
Total Time: 59:31
Calories Burned: 836
Max HR: 162 bpm
Avg HR: 137 bpm
Zone 1 = 9:13, Zone 2 = 12:49, Zone 3 = 14:37, Zone 4 = 12:21, Zone 5 = 1:26
Notes: This was a decent workout. I couldn't get as many reps as I had hoped in some of the exercises, but maybe will do better on Wed or Sat. I cannot workout on Fri as schedule is too packed, so will do Sat morning.