Index Labels

Fast Track & Spartacus: Wk 2, Day 2 - Tues, 7-Feb-2012

. . No comments:
DORIS' DAILY SUMMARY/LEARNINGS: 
  • My BP at 6:35 am was 130/81, 61 bpm.  I woke up about 6:15 am.  I'd like this to drop another 10 pts each, but my BP is headed in the right direction.  It might have been a little lower, but my alarm went off and the kids were up and about.
  • Weight remains the same.
  • My resting heartrate is going down.  I like it when it's in the mid-50s.  Body is adapting.  Hopefully in a month it will be in the 50s.
  • Having good sleep hygiene is important, as getting at least 6 hrs of good sleep consecutively is important for the body to replenish itself.  I find I'm not able to stay up too late.  Goal is to get to bed before 11 pm, preferably by 10:30 pm.  It's working and I feel pretty good, and waking up, getting a lot of stuff done that I wasn't.
  • Motivated to write today and going for a walk helped to refresh and better focus me.  Turned my phone to silent so I don't get distracted.
  • Typically eating grain & starch free with low sugar has helped me to be in better moods and attitudes, but I have gotten a bit over stimulated at times.  I think it's really more my kids being too energized and sometimes it just gets on my nerves like tonight.
  • I've been missing my snacks more just because I'm either doing something or not hungry.  However, I found this evening with my kids, I felt really annoyed and snippety.
  • Really ready to hit the sack before 10 pm.  G'nite.
SMARTER GOAL:    Write and go for a walk in between my writing.  --->  Success!
SLEEP:  10:45 pm - 6:15 am (7.5 hrs) --- Woke up feeling well rested.  Normally I dream a lot and remember my dreams, but I am not remembering my dreams and sleeping pretty good.  However, my kids are dreaming a lot and remembering.

SUPPLEMENTS/MEDICINES:
6:45 am - 3 Probiotics
7:15 am - Heart Meds, 3 Multi-Vitamins, 3 EFAs
8:45 pm - 3 Multi-Vitamins, Heart Meds, 1 EFA

EATINGJorge Cruise's Fast Track Menu (Day 9)
Beef Bacon - I ate 2 slices
Meal 1 @ 7:15 am:  3 scrambled eggs w/sea salt & ground pepper, 2 slices of uncured beef bacon (this tastes pretty good and better than turkey bacon, way less fatty than regular pork bacon) 


Eggs, Chicken and Veggies Salad
 Meal 2 @ 1:30 pm:  a handful of mixed greens, 1 chicken tenders seasoned & grilled, 1/2 yellow pepper strips, 5 cherry tomatoes, a small avocado, crumbled gorgonzola cheese, 2 hardboiled eggs (no oil used, rather have avocado as I love the creaminess) 

Meal 3 @ 6:45 pm:  seasoned ground sirloin patty sauteed, sauteed cauliflower & zucchini in grapeseed oil w/salt & pepper

Treat @ 8:45 pm:  2 small squares of 85% dark chocolate, 10 raw almonds  --->  I think sometimes after being around a lot of food that I don't want to be eating (even if I made it), that having a little of this dark chocolate really helps curb any desire to have anything else.  Tonight was the first time I did the chocolate with the raw almonds and that is a hit with me!

WORKOUT:

Walking in the park.

Times & Heartrates
Lap 1:  Time = 15:54; Max Heartrate = 122 bpm; Avg Heartrate = 109 bpm
Lap 2:  Time =  14:41; Max Heartrate = 125 bpm; Avg Heartrate = 116 bpm
Lap 3:  Time =  13:45; Max Heartrate = 129 bpm; Avg Heartrate = 118 bpm

Total Time:  44:21
Calories Burned:  453
Max Heartrate: 129 bpm
Avg Heartrate:  114 bpm
Total Distance:  2.17 miles

Notes:  After writing for about 1.5 hrs, I took a break to get some walking in.  Now I'm going to write for about 2-3 hrs.  Blood is now circulating.  There was hardly anyone at the park, except the police (hopefully not snoozing) and it is a beautiful morning.  Saw a bunch of herons.  So very awesome as they gracefully fly.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive