- Went to bed earlier last night due to being tired & exhausted, though I did no exercise. It helped.
- I think all the work on trigger points at the base of my skull, which may be a part of the cause of the dulls headaches I've had for days & causing my BP to be higher, is causing me to be so pukey and needing to rest more today.
- My heartrates are responding well and adapting as I thought. They are on the high side, but as I get fitter and am more consistent in my sleep, eating, exercise, peace management, these should go lower or that with a higher AT, that will allow me to stay at higher heartrates when I exercise, therefore, burning more calories.
- Icing down my skull base & neck is helping with when I workout trigger points in those areas.
- Very focused on proper cooldowns to loosen tightened muscles, so this doesn't later lead to injuries or muscular skeletal issues.
SMARTER GOAL: Lean on God as I have a lot of things going on today. Need to get my eating in as well as my workout.
SLEEP: 9:30 pm - 6:30 am (9 hrs) - Didn't feel like I got enough sleep. Maybe my body is tired from everything going on? My BP may be causing this as I work on tension in the back of my neck/base of my skull.
9:00 am - 10:15 am (1.25 hr) - Though my energy level did not feel low, my body was telling me to sleep for the headache and to give it rest. I felt much better after, no longer pukey. My chiropractor said it's possible the headaches I'm experiencing are my body's way of protecting itself from the drastic changes I'm making. He suggested it would help to get an adjustment, as my body adjusts well and always does better afterwards. We'll see. $$$ I was reading on a side that when your body starts to go into ketosis, some people experience headaches for a few days, but it's been over a week.
7:15 am - Heart Meds, 3 Multi-Vitamins, 3 Probiotics, 3 EFAs, 4 Ca/Mg/Z, 2 packets of Emergen-C Lite (400 mg potassium)
1:00 pm - 2 packets of Emergen-C Lite (400 mg potassium)
8:00 pm - 3 Multi-Vitamins, Heart Meds, 1 EFA
EATING: Jorge Cruise's Fast Track Menu (Day 5)
Meal 1 @ 7:15 am: 3-egg omelette, onions, spinach, cilantro, turkey ham, sea salt, ground pepper (no oil used), 2/3 avocado slices on the side ---> very filling and tasty, but I think this was too much food, probably going to skip snack or have less.
Meal 2 @ 10:15 pm: Didn't feel like eating. Not hungry.
Meal 3 @ 1:00 pm: 1 serving of protein powder (low in sugar) blended with ice water & cinnamon; 2 pieces chicken tenders (equiv to 2/3 chicken breast) seasoned with cumin, grated parmesan, ground pepper grilled on a George Foreman grill sprayed lightly with olive oil, mixed greens, 1/2 red pepper sliced, gorgonzola cheese (crumbled), 1/2 small avocado sliced. No oil needed as the cheese is tasty.
Meal 4 @ 4:00 pm: 1 oz raw cheddar cheese
Meal 5 @ 7:30 pm: Indian-Spiced Sauteed Mahi Mahi w/a handful of raw baby spinach and 1/4 red pepper strips. The Mahi Mahi recipe is adapted.
Equipment Used: Yoga mat, Polar Heartrate Monitor RS200SD, GymBoss Timer, two 12 lb DBs, one 15 lb DB, Swiss Ball, Pampered Chef Timer, Foam Roller
Warmup (2 rounds): 3:59
Pushups x 8 reps
Squats x 12 reps
Spiderman Climbs x 10 reps
Jumping Jacks x 20 reps
Funk Roberts - Spartacus Workout #1 (2 rounds): Each exercise is max reps in 60 sec followed with 15 sec rest all the way through. 1 Round = 12:30. This is a 41 min. workout not including warmup and cooldown.
1. Alternating DB Swing w/one 15# DB - Reps = 31, 35, 33 (even better this time)
2. Half Burpee w/Jack Split (stay down in plank position whole time) - Reps = 30, 30, 26 (much better this time)
3. Alternating DB SOTS Press w/one 12# (Stay in down Squat Position & Turn to Each Side to Press Up) - Reps = 25, 27, 24 (MUCH better this time)
4. Bicycle Crunch on Ground - Reps = 100, 120, 130 (MUCH better this time)
5. Pushups (girly kind) - Reps = 50, 47, 45 (MUCH better this time)
6. Goblet DB Squat w/one 15# DB (DB held at upper chest) - Reps = 35, 37, 34 (MUCH better this time)
7. Alternating Side Plank Reach Under - Reps = 39, 41, 37 (better this time)
8. Sprawls (Jump back as in burpee w/feet wide, push hip to floor to cobra position, jump up) - Reps = 8, 9, 9 (much better this time)
9. Rollups on Swiss Ball (Shins on Ball) - Reps 30, 30, 31 (MUCH better this time)
10. Double DB Cleans w/two 12# DBs - Reps = 20, 19, 19 (better this time)
Cooldown: 16:03 ---> stretching out entire body from neck to ankles. Today used foam roller on back, quads, calves, shins
Warmup: Max HR = 122 bpm, Avg HR = 103 bpm
Round 1: Max HR = 155 bpm, Avg HR = 137 bpm
Round 2: Max HR = 165 bpm, Avg HR = 149 bpm
Round 2: Max HR = 164 bpm, Avg HR = 154 bpm
Cooldown: Max HR = 154 bpm, Avg HR = 133 bpm
Total Time: 1:03:08
Calories Burned: 910
Max HR: 165 bpm
Avg HR: 141 bpm
Zone 1 = 6:08, Zone 2 = 12:48, Zone 3 = 12:37, Zone 4 = 17:36, Zone 5 = 6:48
Notes: I overall did WAY better in reps for all the exercises today than I did on Wed and Wed was a lot better in 9/10 exercises. Today I did better with 10/10 exercise and significantly better. I pushed harder and got LOTS more reps AND, the cool thing was that my heartrates were slightly lower than Wednesday's. That is a good thing and showing that my body is quickly adapting. This is my first week back regularly exercising after a month of sporadic exercising and too much sitting at my desk working.
My heart physically seems to be performing better. I did not poop out today as I did on Wednesday at the end, but I was ready to be done with the workout. Still have plenty of energy left as I eat my salad and drink my protein shake. Not sure if drinking the Emergen-C Lite (2 packets) at breakfast and 2 packets after my workout are also helping my electrolyte levels.
As I view the graph of the heartrate zones on my Polar watch, my highest zones the past 2 workouts are in zones 3 & 4, 4 being the highest. Zones 3 and less are the fat burning zones, and Zones 4 and 5 are anaerobic zones. It'll be interesting to see the graphs as I lose bodyfat, get enough regular sleep, and get fitter. In my head, optimally, I'd like to see Zone 3 be the highest, as that's where it's optimal at burning calories and fat. But, maybe I'm wrong. Dunno. Let's see what my results show.
My 2 least favorite exercises in this set are: Alternating DB SOTS Press and Sprawls.
My 2 favorite exercises are: 1/2 burpees w/split, and alternating side plank reach unders.