Index Labels

Zucchini Cheese Fries

. . No comments:
This recipe was taken from Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure Fast Track book.  It's in Section 5 - The Ultimate Carb Swap Recipes.

Makes 6-8 Servings

Ingredients
  • 8-10 medium zucchinis
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 Tbspn chili powder
  • 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
  • Oil for frying

Directions
Preheat oven to 200° F.

Trim ends off zucchini, and cut each in half.  Cut each zucchini half lengthwise into 3 wedges.  Set aside.  Combine eggs and chili powder in a shallow bowl and beat together.  Spread grated Paremsan cheese on a plate.

Heat 1" oil in a large skillet, to 375° F.  Dip zucchini fries in the egg mixture, and then coat with Parmesan cheese.  Cook in preheated oil, in small batches, until golden brown.  Keep in warm oven until ready to serve.
-------------------------------------

MODIFICATIONS:
  • I really hate frying things in this much oil.  I'm going to try this recipe without frying it, rather putting it on a baking sheet, spraying the "fries" with olive oil and putting the oven on Broil.  We'll see.  I'd like to make these in a week or 2 and will report back.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive