Index Labels

Indian Spiced Grilled Tilapia with Zucchini Ribbons

. . No comments:
This recipe was taken from Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure Fast Track book.  It's in Section 5 - The Ultimate Carb Swap Recipes.

Makes 4 Servings

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 Tbspn lemon juice
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 Tbspn fresh ginger, minced
  • 1 tspn. ground turmeric
  • 1 tspn ground cumin
  • 1 tspn dried thyme
  • 1/4 tspn cayenne pepper
  • Pinch ground cloves
  • Pinch ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tspn black pepper
  • 1/2 tspn sea salt
  • 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 2 Tbspn cilantro, chopped (for garnish)

Ingredients for Zucchini Ribbons
  • 2 medium zucchini
  • 2 Tbspn butter

Directions:
Place tilapia fillets in a large zip-top bag.  Stir together remaining ingredients, except cilantro & zucchini, in a medium bowl and pour into bag with the fish.  Gently massage bag to coat fish with marinade, then seal bag.  Marinate in refrigerator for 30 min. or up to 4 hours.

Remove fish from refrigerator about 30 min. before cooking.  Remove fillets from marinade and shake off any excess.  Discard marinade.

While fillets come to room temperature, cut off ends of zucchini.  Use a vegetable peeler down the length of each zucchini to make "ribbons."

Preheat grill for direct cooking over medium heat.  (Be sure to brush and oil the grate well before cooking.)

Cook fish for 5 min. per side or until it is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.  Transfer to serving platter and cover loosely with foil.

Melt butter in a medium skillet.  Saute zucchini ribbons for 2-3 min.

Serve grilled tiapia and zucchini immediately.  Garnish with cilantro.

--------------------------------------------------------

MODIFICATIONS:
  • You can use another fish that is hearty and does not crumble (not a delicate fish).  I used mahi mahi pieces instead of fillets and it worked just fine.  In fact, you can probably use this marinade on other things like chicken, beef, lamb, bison, turkey, etc.
  • I did not read ahead regarding marinating it and didn't want to wait.  Instead of using a bag, I mixed all the stuff together well, then pour it over the mahi mahi pieces that was in a separate bowl and used my hands to mix everything well.
  • You don't have to use a grill.  I sauteed everything in a large pan and poured all the marinade in with the fish that was left over.  I cooked on medium heat while the pan was covered for about 5 min.  Then, I flipped the fish pieces over and covered to cook again for another 5 min.
  • Though I had zucchinis, that wasn't what I wanted to eat.  I just made a bed of fresh baby spinach and poured the fish over the uncooked spinach.  I garnished with red pepper slices, as I didn't feel like chopping cilantro.
  • This is a spicy dish.  Also, I did not use as much oil as it said to use, rather maybe 1/8th cup instead.  I used a fat freek Greek yogurt.  Very delicious!!!

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive