- I've really been feeling run down the past few days. One of the byproducts of having tons more energy is that I'm able to accomplish and do a lot more and so I have. So, now I'm fighting something in my sinuses and throat and my body aches. Somewhat loss of appetite, but not totally. Going to rest today.
- Need to get well today as I can't afford to be sick Thurs & Fri.
- BP was 119/78, 61 bpm. This is by far the best reading so far on everything. All #s going in the right direction.
- So surprised with all the healthy eating, good sleep, moderate exercise, vitamins/supplements that I still got sick. This could be the sudden and drastic change in weather my body doesn't like to cold and then getting back to warmer.
- 5.2g Total of Sugar today
SMARTER GOAL: Rest & get well. No workout today. Skipping it.
SLEEP: 12:00 am - 6:30 am (6.5 hrs) - I went to bed about 10:30 pm and tossed & turned. Though I was tired, I'm sure I was still awake for more than an hour. There was nothing I ate or did that I could figure that would cause me insomnia, except that I wasn't feeling too well.
Nap: 12 pm - 1 pm (1 hr) - I set my alarm for a 3 hr sleep, but couldn't sleep. Though I'm sick and feeling pretty crappy, eating low sugar, no grains/starches STILL gives me energy when I'm sick.
8:15 am - 3 Probiotics, 2 packets of Emergen-C Vit C 1000 mg
8:30 am - Heart Meds, 3 Multi-Vitamins, 3 EFAs
10:45 pm - 3 Multi-Vitamins, Heart Meds, 4 Ca/Mg/Z
EATING: Jorge Cruise's Fast Track Menu (Day 17)
|Homemade Chicken Soup (no noodles)|
Snack @ 10:00 am: I was going to go back to bed, but I decided to try Jorge's Skinny Muffin recipe that he gave on Dr. Oz. I watched this online and was intrigued. This gave me some ideas. Since I had all the ingredients, thought I might give it a try. It's pretty reasonable, but I would make a couple minor adjustments. This makes a pretty big sized muffin (for me) and I could really do with half of it. However, I had soup less than an hour ago and my appetite is way down due to being sick. The really cool thing is this muffin has 0 sugar. None of the ingredients have sugar. Benefits of Flaxseed. (0g sugar total)
Meal 2 @ 2:15 pm: Same chicken broth soup (0g sugar total)
Snack @ 4:30 pm: a bite of Jorge's Skinny Muffin made with xylitol instead of stevia (0g sugar) and some blueberries (10 blueberries). This muffin tastes way better than the original recipe. A bite of baked artichoke dip. (0.5g sugar total max)
Meal 3 @ 5:30 pm: Same chicken broth soup (0g sugar total)
Snack @ 8:15 pm: Baked Artichoke Dip (this is one of Jorge's Fast Track recipes), 1/2 red pepper in strips (2.5g sugar), 1/4 cucumber (1.5g sugar), celery (0.7g sugar) (4.7g sugar total)