Index Labels

Fast Track & Spartacus: Wk 3, Day 3 - Wed, 15-Feb-2012

. . No comments:
DORIS' DAILY SUMMARY/LEARNINGS: 
  • I've really been feeling run down the past few days.  One of the byproducts of having tons more energy is that I'm able to accomplish and do a lot more and so I have.  So, now I'm fighting something in my sinuses and throat and my body aches.  Somewhat loss of appetite, but not totally.  Going to rest today.
  • Need to get well today as I can't afford to be sick Thurs & Fri.
  • BP was 119/78, 61 bpm.  This is by far the best reading so far on everything.  All #s going in the right direction.
  • So surprised with all the healthy eating, good sleep, moderate exercise, vitamins/supplements that I still got sick.  This could be the sudden and drastic change in weather my body doesn't like to cold and then getting back to warmer.
  • 5.2g Total of Sugar today

SMARTER GOAL:  Rest & get well.  No workout today.  Skipping it. 

SLEEP:  12:00 am - 6:30 am (6.5 hrs) - I went to bed about 10:30 pm and tossed & turned.  Though I was tired, I'm sure I was still awake for more than an hour.  There was nothing I ate or did that I could figure that would cause me insomnia, except that I wasn't feeling too well.

Nap:  12 pm - 1 pm (1 hr) - I set my alarm for a 3 hr sleep, but couldn't sleep.  Though I'm sick and feeling pretty crappy, eating low sugar, no grains/starches STILL gives me energy when I'm sick.

SUPPLEMENTS/MEDICINES:
8:15 am - 3 Probiotics, 2 packets of Emergen-C Vit C 1000 mg
8:30 am - Heart Meds, 3 Multi-Vitamins, 3 EFAs
10:45 pm - 3 Multi-Vitamins, Heart Meds, 4 Ca/Mg/Z

EATINGJorge Cruise's Fast Track Menu (Day 17)

Homemade Chicken Soup (no noodles)
Meal 1 @ 9:15 am:   Homemade chicken broth soup (lots of garlic, water, chicken broth, chicken breast, sea salt, onions for flavor, a couple eggs)  (0g sugar total) 

Snack @ 10:00 am:  I was going to go back to bed, but I decided to try Jorge's Skinny Muffin recipe that he gave on Dr. Oz.  I watched this online and was intrigued.  This gave me some ideas.  Since I had all the ingredients, thought I might give it a try.  It's pretty reasonable, but I would make a couple minor adjustments.  This makes a pretty big sized muffin (for me) and I could really do with half of it.  However, I had soup less than an hour ago and my appetite is way down due to being sick.  The really cool thing is this muffin has 0 sugar.  None of the ingredients have sugar.  Benefits of Flaxseed.   (0g sugar total) 

Meal 2 @ 2:15 pm:  Same chicken broth soup  (0g sugar total) 

Snack @ 4:30 pm:  a bite of Jorge's Skinny Muffin made with xylitol instead of stevia (0g sugar) and some blueberries (10 blueberries).  This muffin tastes way better than the original recipe.  A bite of baked artichoke dip.  (0.5g sugar total max) 

Meal 3 @ 5:30 pm:  Same chicken broth soup  (0g sugar total)

Snack @ 8:15 pm:  Baked Artichoke Dip (this is one of Jorge's Fast Track recipes), 1/2 red pepper in strips (2.5g sugar), 1/4 cucumber (1.5g sugar), celery (0.7g sugar)   (4.7g sugar total)

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive