Index Labels

Fast Track & Spartacus: Wk 1, Day 6 - Sat, 4-Feb-2012

. . No comments:
DORIS' DAILY SUMMARY/LEARNINGS: 
  • Since I have a lot more energy, instead of procrastinating and sleeping in because I went to bed late, I went to bed at a reasonable hour and got up just a little later than normal.  Got a lot of cleaning, organizing, decluttering that has been long overdue.
  • More energy allows me to have a better attitude and accomplish more, and enjoy my day without feeling those energy dips.
  • My BP continues to not be lower.  I'm going to give it the remainder of this month to see how that goes.  As long as I'm not having the headaches or weird heart palpitations, I'm not going to worry unless it gets SUPER high.  Will continue to daily monitor this, though.
  • Decluttering, organizing, and rearranging is a lot of work, plus cleaning.  Definitely walking for an hour or working out for an hour is WAY easier. 
  • Didn't eat as much as Jorge's Day 6 plan said to.  Working too much and just wasn't hungry nor did I feel like eating.
  • My body was aching, especially my lower back.  Carrying a lot of stuff and sometimes when I'm tired, that will ache.  Used the chair massager pad that is full length of the body and did that on heat for maybe 45 min.  Also used the foam roller on my back.  Heard lots of crackling in my back.
SMARTER GOAL:  Remember to eat and go for a walk, despite all the things I'm doing today (cleaning, organizing, decluttering, cooking for a family dinner, running errands).

SLEEP:  11:00 pm - 7:00 am (8 hrs) - I was going to stay up later, but decided it wasn't worth it and throwing off my schedule.  Woke up feeling good.

SUPPLEMENTS/MEDICINES:
10:15 am - 3 Probiotics
11:15 am - Heart Meds, 3 Multi-Vitamins, 3 EFAs, 4 Ca/Mg/Z
8:45 pm - 3 Multi-Vitamins, Heart Meds, 1 EFA

EATINGJorge Cruise's Fast Track Menu (Day 4)
Meal 1 @ 11:30 am:   3/4 cup low fat cottage cheese, 1/4 cup raw walnuts, cinnamon ---> ate this late as I was helping my son declutter, rearrange his room, clean his room, and helping my daughter do some decluttering in her room.

Meal 2 @ 4:30 pm:  grilled chicken (3 chicken tenders = 1 chicken breast) w/mixed greens, 1/4 orange pepper & 1/4 red pepper in strips, gorgonzola (crumbled), 1/2 avocado ---> Too tired from all the work I've been doing.  Didn't feel like eating, but if I didn't, not sure I could make it through the rest of the day.  Oh, 3 chicken tenders was too much to eat when you just don't feel like eating, though, I am moderately hungry.  Took me about 45 min. to eat.

Meal 3 @  7:30 pm:   2 hard-boiled eggs, 1/4 red pepper strips

Treat @ 9:00 pm:  either 4 or 6 squares of 85% dark chocolate (basically 2 rows).  They are small squares.  I wanted to eat something, but wanted something a little sweet.  This was satisfying.  The total size of this was about 2"x1" and it was a thin piece of chocolate.  There must be some effect on the system to eat this chocolate because I'm not a big chocolate fan.

WORKOUT:
Did not get walking in, but I did help my kids rearrange, reorganize, declutter, clean their rooms, as well as cleaned my room, cleaned the bathrooms, mopped the entire house, cooked a meal each for 2 different families and made dessert for both of the families.  Same dinner, same dessert, just made double the amount.  Made breakfast, lunch, and saved some of what I made for the famlies for my kids for dinner.  Let the neighborhood kids come over to play with my kids and vice versa.  Did 2 loads of laundry.  Last load for the week will be tomorrow during SuperBowl.

Need to get to my Sunday School lesson as I teach tomorrow, but will do that this evening.  Need to run some errands (2 places) and drop off food for one family.  The other family gets their food tomorrow.   It's 4:30 pm as I write this and I so need to shower.  Haven't gotten to organizing and filing my 3 piles of papers.  Guess that will have to be done tomorrow afternoon, along with doing my Experiencing God Bible study that I am behind on.  Drat!

I've spent the past 7 hrs working.  Ugggh.  I still haven't gotten to my paid writing stuff either.  But, my kids are ecstatic with their rooms.  Got rid of junk, which takes a lot of time, too.  Feels cleaner, freer and roomier.  Hopefully in 3 hrs I can relax with my Sunday School lesson prepared, errands done, shower done, dinner dropped off.

Hopefully next week I can get some walking in at least 2 days next week.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive