Index Labels

Week 2 - Day 1, Mon - 10-Jan-2011

. . No comments:
SMARTER GOAL:  Not overdo working out.  Just want to make sure I don't make my knees worse or do anything to my shoulders with all the crab positioning Zuzana has.

I felt that my right ankle isn't totally healed with doing some 1 foot things like skipping on one foot, so periodically I would tap my left foot to help ease the pressure.  There wasn't a lot of pain to make me stop.  Was careful when doing crab position exercises to not mess up my shoulders.  Knees felt fine with all that I did.

Am really needing to make sure I diligently every single workout work on stretching out, cooldown, and most importantly, work on trigger points.  I'm finding there are many areas of my body that are really tight and these lead to injuries as I continue to do intense workouts 4-6 days/wk.  Met this goal today.

SLEEP RECEIVED:  11:30 pm - 7:15 am (7.5 hrs) ----> I had to go pee twice and woke up a number of times.  Sometimes too hot (too many blankets on me) and other times, too cold (tossed all the blankets off me).  Restless night, but I feel okay now 1.5 hrs later.

WATER CONSUMED (Goal is 102 oz):
Drank 22 oz by 9:00 am  ----> Not sure if it's really good drinking water while you eat, but I do all the time
Drank 22 oz by 11:30 am
Drank 22 oz by 5:30 pm
Drank 22 oz by 6:00 pm
Drank 22 oz by 7:30 pm ---> I'm guessing that drinking so much water so late in the afternoon may mean me getting up to go to the bathroom multiple times.  Ugggh.  Hope not.

FOODS EATENP Day
Meal 1 (8:45 am):  2 Prograde krill (EFA) capsules, 8 Priority One Women's Formula capsules, 3 eggs over medium, 2 tblspns artichoke hummus, 1 tbspn olive oil

Meal 2 (10:30 am):  1 oz raw almonds 

Meal 3 (12:30 pm):  1/2 cup yellow fin tuna in olive oil with oil drained (240 calories, 26 g protein), 1/2 cup white kidney beans (120 calories, 8 g protein, 1 g sugar), red onions (13.5 calories, 2 g sugar, 0.5 g protein), red wine vinegar, 2 cups arugula (20 calories, 2 g protein), a few thin slices cucumber, 4 heirloom cherry tomatoes

----> I just love color in my foods.  Fruit & veggies are a great thing to add color.  In this case, it was the cherry heirloom tomatoes that come in a variety of colors.  Only used 2 today.  Food must look like it tastes good.

----> This salad has the slight bitter taste of arugula (yum) with it's delicate light leaves are fun.  Mix it with the acidic taste from the red onions, the fresh juicy squish and sweetness of the tomatoes, the cucumber gives it a cool, crunchy taste.  The red wine vinegar is also acidic.  Instead of using mayo, the vinegar is better and lower in calories.  The tuna packed in oil where I drain the oil makes the tuna really tender and naturally creamy.  The dressing could almost be the vinegar combined with what I couldn't drain from the tuna.  This is a very quick, easy, nutritious, yummy salad.

Meal 4 (3:30 pm):  1 oz raw almonds

Meal 5 (6:45 pm):  Greens smoothie - 3 cups red chard, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 serving mango, 1 banana, 2 tspns ground flaxseed, 2 scoops Prograde vanilla workout powder, 1 oz raw almonds, cold water

--------------------------------

EXERCISE:  4:56 pm - 6:30 pm

Warmup (2 rounds):  2:56
- Pushups x 8
- Squats x 12
- Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
- Jumping Jacks x 20

Suicidal Sweat Workout w/Zuzana Light

 Equipment Used:  GymBoss Interval Timer, Polar Heartrate Monitor RS200

Combo #1 (15 sets)
-2 Jump Squats and 1 Jump Tuck (Jump up to slap Knees)
-Halfway Down Pushups and Power Up x 3 (Jump Feet Forward to Squat Up)
Time = 4:13

Combo #2 (6 sets)
Kickups x 10 (Crab position, kick up one leg straight up with a jump if possible)  ---> I did not do the jump rather I just lifted my leg straight up.  Could really feel my abs engaging.
- Mountain Climber Peaks x 10 (high mountain climbers)  ---> Did these with butt high in the air and doing the jumps like she did in the video.
Time = 3:26

Combo #3 (4 sets/leg)
1-Leg Pike Press x 10 (downward dog position, 1 leg up in the air and do pushups)
1-Leg Jump Squats x 10 (squat w/arms forward tucked in, 1 leg off the floor, jump up and bring arms to side up in L position, come back down)
Time = 5:30

Last Exercise
- Breakdance Pushup x 20 (start in crab position, turn over w/with one foot off the floor, do a pushup, and turn back around to crab position)
Time = 2:55

Heartrates Per Combo:
Combo 1:  Max Heartrate = 156 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 148 bpm
Combo 2:  Max Heartrate = 158 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 151 bpm
Combo 3:  Max Heartrate = 162 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 153 bpm
Last Exercise:  Max Heartrate = 162 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 155 bpm

Total Time:  19:01 
Calories Burned:  262
Max Heartrate:  162 bpm
Avg Heartrate:  152 bpm

Zone 1 = 0:28, Zone 2 = 0:56, Zone 3 = 2:09, Zone 4 = 10:32, Zone 5 = 1:15

Note:  Zuzana had a ton of situps to do today and I wanted to do her Butt challenge (1-Legged Squats), but since I have been having knee issues, those 1-Legged Squats are super hard and strain my knee.  However, teh 1-Leg Jump Squats have the raised leg going behind, which strains my knee way less than if I had my leg forward - in front of me.

This was a great workout and found myself drenched in sweat.  Lots of pushups in this of all different types that works all different parts of the body.  I feel like everything got a good workout.  Intense.  This workout was a time challenge and I'll have to compare how I did to Zuzana.  This is her 29-Dec-2010 workout.

The Breakdance Pushups were the most challenging because I didn't have a whole lot of room and had to go one way for a bit and then the other way.  There was a lot of crab movements, which I was hoping wouldn't strain my shoulders.  They seem alright.

Cardio Time:  20 min. of Jump Rope Intervals 20:10

Equipment Used:  Jump rope, GymBoss Interval Timer, Polar Heartrate Monitor RS200

Jump Rope Interval Circuit (8 Rounds)
- Feet Together Jump for 20 sec x 10 sec rest  ---> Reps:  18, 20, 20, 15, 19, 17, 15, 19
- Low Jump Rope Jack for 20 sec x 10 sec rest ---> Reps:  19, 16, 13, 19, 16, 18, 16, 18
1-Foot Skip (Left) for 20 sec x 10 sec rest ---> Reps:  13, 9, 11, 9, 10, 15, 17, 15
- 1-Foot Skip (Right) for 20 sec x 10 sec rest ---> Reps:  15, 9, 18, 16, 17, 12, 9, 9
- Alternating Step Skip for 20 sec x 10 sec rest  ---> Reps:  12, 19, 14, 15, 17, 16, 11, 14

Heartrates Per Round:
Round 1:  Max Heartrate = 163 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 155 bpm
Round 2:  Max Heartrate = 165 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 160 bpm
Round 3:  Max Heartrate = 165 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 162 bpm
Round 4:  Max Heartrate = 165 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 163 bpm
Round 5:  Max Heartrate = 165 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 163 bpm
Round 6:  Max Heartrate = 164 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 161 bpm
Round 7:  Max Heartrate = 166 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 163 bpm
Round 8:  Max Heartrate = 163 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 155 bpm ---> this is the 2nd time I've dropped on the last round.

Total Time:  20:03
Calories Burned:  374
Max Heartrate: 166 bpm
Avg Heartrate:  161 bpm

Zone 1 = 0:09, Zone 2 = 0:13, Zone 3 = 0:20, Zone 4 = 1:10, Zone 5 = 18:12

NotesDropping the intervals down from 30 sec to 20 sec and increasing the rounds from 6 to 8 seemed like a lot more jump roping.  One thing I did differently this time is I didn't allow 20-25 min. between the workout and the cardio intervals.  This time I had 10 min. rest between, so I reduced the time by more than half.  Also, I did not have my glass of water to drink during the rests in jump roping this time.  Last time, I did.  Those 2 things probably made a huge difference because by the time I finished 4 rounds, I really wanted to quit, but pushed myself to keep going.

Made it.  This is my 2nd time doing 20 min. jump rope intervals.  Using 20 sec jumping intervals, it's actually less jumping time by over 1.5 min.  I'm beat.

Trigger Point/Stretching:  30 min.

Equipment Used:  Yoga mat, foam roller, gigantic massage ball, large massage ball 

The picture is some of the things I most commonly use to help with trigger points and work out tight areas in my muscles.  The long white thing is the foam roller.  The very right middle is a green golf ball so you can compare to the other balls I have.  Next to the golf ball is a tennis ball.  When I refer to the large massage golf ball, it's the 3rd from the right yellow ball.  The furthest left massage golf baall is quite large in comparison to a tennis or golf ball.

The tool in front with 6 roller things is a wooden foot massager.  You can use that on other parts of the body.  I've tried it on the back of my calves and it works differently than the massage balls, covering more area, is harder than the foam roller.  It was painful to work on my lower calves with this.  I'm going to see if I can work in some areas of near my back/under arms areas.  The last massage tool other than the yoga mat is a wooden back massager.  I place that in my desk chair and just lean back.  It covers different areas.  For a different trigger point help you can use any size of the other balls depending on what you want to do. 

My back is still pretty tight so I can't lay on the floor with these except for the foam roller.

Areas worked onFoam Roller - IT bands, shins, calves, quads, shoulders, lats, rhomboids, whole back; Gigantic massage ball - psoas, lower calves, upper calves, middle hamstrings; Large massage ball - pecs (really hurt with all the pushups today).

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive