Index Labels

Romaine-Orange-Bean Salad

. . No comments:
  • 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped

  • 1 cup radishes, sliced (I didn't add radishes because I don't like them, but you could add beets)

  • 1 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed

  • 1 orange, segmented (you can use mandarin oranges)

  • 1 scallion, sliced (I love red onions so I used that instead)

  • 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese

  • 1/4 cup Orange-Oregano Dressing


  • Combine lettuce, radishes, beans, orange, scallion, feta and dressing in a large bowl. Toss to coat.

    I made this salad for a couple potlucks and they loved it.  It was so easy to make.  You can add any kind of beans you want.  This salad also looks very elegant and beautiful and simplicity was incredible.  This salad is a keeper.  It's low in fat, high in fiber & protein and good carbs.  If you want more fat, you could add a different type of crumbly cheese like blue cheese, add either grilled chicken or steak for more protein. 

    Serves 4.

    No comments:

    Printfriendly

    Welcome

    Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

    Make yourself at home!!!

    Translate

    Blog Archive