Index Labels

Wk 1, Day 6 - Sat, 8-Jan-2011

. . 1 comment:
SMARTER GOAL - Make sure I stretch out, cooldown, and work on trigger points after my workouts. 

Met this goal!!!  Woohoo!!  I feel great!  Workout was tough.  I'm going to sleep well tonight.

SLEEP RECEIVED:  1:00 am - 9:45 am (8.75 hrs) ---->  I was busy planning my workout and reading stuff on the internet.  No reason why I stayed up this late other than I did and I didn't have my kids for the next 2 evenings, as they are at their dad's.

Good, deep sleep and I'm not sure if I woke up at all during the evening.  Felt good.  My body is sore from the workouts, but a good sore.  Needed this sleep as today's workout plans are brutal.

WATER CONSUMED (Goal is 105 oz):
Drank 22 oz by 12:15 pm
Drank 22 oz by 4:00 pm (44 oz total) ---> during MMA Workout
Drank 22 oz by 5:15 pm (66 oz total) ---> after jump rope intervals
Drank 22 oz by 6:30 pm (88 oz total) ---> while consuming smoothie
Drank 22 oz by 7:30 pm (110 oz total) ---> hope I don't have to get up to pee while sleeping

FOODS EATEN:  P Day (I'm flip flopping my P and P+C days)
Meal 1 (12:00 pm):  3 eggs over medium, 1 tbpsn olive oil, 2 tbspns artichoke hummus

----> I like my eggs over easy as I like the yoke to be oozing runny, but that only happened with one of the 3 eggs.  Today I don't feel like counting calories.  So, as long as I eat healthy and well, will not be counting them as they should end up in the 1500-1900 range.

----> The artichoke hummus is from Trader Joe's and is sooooo yummy.  I like artichokes, but I've never fallen in love with them.  This is the BEST hummus I've ever tasted and I'm a hummus fan.  I've never eaten a hummus that I've never liked.  My faves up until this time has been a cilantro-jalepeno hummus, followed by a roasted red pepper hummus, and a close third with a chipotle hummus.  I love the flavors that are infused into the beans.  You get good fiber, protein and I feel the ingredients just tickle my palate.  That artichoke hummus is sooooo yummy.  Did I already type that?  I could actually just eat hummus like that.  Well, maybe not. 

----> I'm supposed to be eating my complex carbs in the MORNING, but that didn't happen since I didn't wake up until nearly 10 am. 

Meal 2 (5:45 pm) - Greens Smoothie - 3 cups swiss chard, 2/3 cup strawberries, 1 banana, 3 tspn ground flaxseed, 1 cup blueberries, 1 serving mango, 2 scoops Prograde vanilla Workout powder, cold water, 2 oz raw almonds, 2 tblspns creamy peanut butter

-----> This is probably the most caloric smoothie that I've ever made.  I purposefully made this smoothie with a lot of calories as it's 5:45 pm and I doubt I'll really want to make a salad to eat or something else to eat at 8 pm.  I don't like eating late either.  Usually 7-7:30 pm is my limit, as I like to eat early.  Am I getting old?  This smoothie is going to take me a bit to down as it's pretty rich. 

Normally I would be eating more frequently, but I got wrapped up on some work and didn't start my workout until after 3 pm and with workout, cardio, cooldown/stretch & trigger point, that took 2 hrs.  I can't really workout if I just ate, so ideally I should've started my workout at 1-1:30 pm.  My bad.

So, I still want to make sure my calories are in the 1600-1800 range.  Guessing breakfast was about 400 calories and this smoothie is about 1200 calories.  I could have some nuts possibly later, which will give me fat & protein more and give me a couple hundred calories more.

NOTE:  It is not ideal to eat only 2 meals, but though I am on the low end of calories, I don't think one day of doing this is too bad.  And, I'm not that low at 1600 calories.  I definitely don't want to stifle fat burning and slow my metabolism down.  There is quite a bit of work left to organize my schedule better.  It's nearly 7:30 pm and I'm really not hungry after consuming all that smoothie.  It was very yummy, though.
--------------------------------------
EXERCISE:  3:37 pm - 5:30 pm

Warmup (2 rounds):  2:58
- Pushups x 8
- Squats x 12
- Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
- Jumping Jacks x 20

MMA Workout w/Zuzana Light:

Equipment Used:  GymBoss Interval Timer, Pullup Bar, Step Stool, 12 lb Dumbbell, leather workout gloves

MMA Workout Circuit (10 Rounds):
DB (12 lbs) Side Lunge Knee Ups (Left) for 20 sec x 10 sec rest ---> Reps:  6, 8, 9, 9, 10, 10, 7, 8, 8, 10 
- DB (12 lbs) Side Lunge Knee Ups (Right) for 20 sec x 10 sec rest ---> Reps:  8, 9, 11, 11, 12, 11, 10, 10, 11, 11
- Burpees for 20 sec x 10 sec rest ---> Reps:  6, 5, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4
- Pullups (Assisted Step Stool, Palms Facing Each Other) for 20 sec x 10 sec rest ---> Reps:  5, 5, 7, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4, 5

Heartrates Per Round:
Round 1:  Max Heartrate = 144 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 134 bpm
Round 2:  Max Heartrate = 149 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 137 bpm
Round 3:  Max Heartrate = 154 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 149 bpm
Round 4:  Max Heartrate = 155 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 153 bpm
Round 5:  Max Heartrate = 158 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 155 bpm
Round 6:  Max Heartrate = 160 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 157 bpm
Round 7:  Max Heartrate = 160 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 157 bpm
Round 8:  Max Heartrate = 160 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 156 bpm
Round 9:  Max Heartrate = 160 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 158 bpm
Round 10:  Max Heartrate = 161 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 159 bpm

Total Time:  23:08
Calories Burned:  365
Max Heartrate: 161 bpm
Avg Heartrate:  147 bpm

Zone 1 = 1:51, Zone 2 = 0:46, Zone 3 = 1:55, Zone 4 = 10:52, Zone 5 = 5:11 

Notes:  Wow, this was a fantastic workout.  I dislike pullups, but in December I found a brand new pullup bar that someone was getting rid of for $10 off Craig's List.  it's normally $30-40 at the store brand new.  She never even took it out of the box.  What a steal.  I've not had a workout in the past 2 yrs where I've stayed in Zone 5 for this long.  Usually less than a min.  Today I was there for over 5 min.  Woohoo!  The side lunges took some getting used to.  You have to balance.  Burpees are no problem and in a sick way, I like them, just as long as I'm not doing 20 in a row or something like that.

My upper body is weak, but is going to get stronger.  I've never been able to do an unassisted pullup in my life.  And, to hoist all this weight up, is a huge issue.  At my best when I was lifting heavy weights, I could only bench 150 lbs and I weigh quite a bit more than that.  Anyway, I have a 2-step stool.  I placed one foot on the bottom step and lightly on the top step and pulled myself up using my back.  This is going to take a lot of practice regularly for me to get stronger here to do this without my foot on the top step.  Could really feel my abs engaging so much with that exercise.

10 sec is not a long time and I really had to book it from the burpees where I do on a rug in my bedroom and rush to the bathroom closet where the pullup bar is. 

I was going to make a sandbag, but all I had was a little kitty litter (used this for a mud bath to leach out toxins in the body -- somewhat effective) and about 15 lbs of diatomaceous earth.  I neither have a cat nor a pool.  Anyway, there has to be an easier way to make a sandbag without spending like $60.  Will figure this out sometime with what I have.  Maybe sand in trash bags taped up, then buy an inexpensive, sturdy duffle bag and sew extra handles?  Maybe instead of using sand, I could also buy a big bag of cheap rice from Costco or Lee Lee's and measure them out in 5 lb increments?  I don't want things spilling out and I want to be able to use it how Zuzana uses hers, but not have it all floppy. 

Cardio Time:  20 min. of Jump Rope Intervals 30:10

Equipment Used:  Jump rope, GymBoss Interval Timer

Jump Rope Interval Circuit (6 Rounds)
- Feet Together Jump for 30 sec x 10 sec rest  ---> Reps:  28, 23, 29, 23, 28, 22
- Low Jump Rope Jack for 30 sec x 10 sec rest ---> Reps:  20, 16, 29, 23, 28, 22
1-Foot Skip (Left) for 30 sec x 10 sec rest ---> Reps:  19, 16, 20, 11, 16, 12
- 1-Foot Skip (Right) for 30 sec x 10 sec rest ---> Reps:  22, 20, 24, 19, 18, 13
- Alternating Step Skip for 30 sec x 10 sec rest  ---> Reps:  27, 19, 25, 20, 23, 20

Heartrates Per Round:
Round 1:  Max Heartrate = 157 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 144 bpm
Round 2:  Max Heartrate = 160 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 157 bpm
Round 3:  Max Heartrate = 162 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 158 bpm
Round 4:  Max Heartrate = 166 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 162 bpm
Round 5:  Max Heartrate = 167 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 164 bpm
Round 6:  Max Heartrate = 166 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 162 bpm ---> kept messing up

Total Time:  20:37
Calories Burned:  367
Max Heartrate: 167 bpm
Avg Heartrate:  158 bpm

Zone 1 = 0:16, Zone 2 = 0:30, Zone 3 = 0:42, Zone 4 = 5:49, Zone 5 = 13:07 

Notes:  Took a 20 min. break to catch my breath, write up my workout before beginning the jump rope cardio.  I really am so very proud of myself.  Yesterday I couldn't jump rope for 3 min., but today I did a 20 min. interval jump rope.  What a difference.  Although 10 sec isn't long for rest, but I can do the 20:10 intervals rather than straight jump rope.  Woohoo!!  This is a huge thing for me to do this.  Actual jump rope time is 15 min.  So, I've increased from jumping rope for 3 min. to 15 min. in a matter of 24 hrs with a simple change.  Praise God!!  You rock, Zuzana for suggesting this!!!

I'm sure as I jump rope more I'll do better and not mess up so much.  The low jacks were really challenging to get the rhthym with my feet and the jump rope.  Finally by the 5th round I did it.  The one foot jump rope is still challenging but this is my 2nd time doing it.  In a few months I will look and do much better and can get through 30 sec without messing up.

When I started doing a little jump roping in Scott Colby's Ageless Abs group, I couldn't go 20 sec without messing up and would be so winded in that 20 sec.  Now I can go 30 sec without messing up with feet together.  Changing feet patterns 5 times really made the time and intervals go much faster, but I was glad for the 20 min. to be up.

Cooldown/Stretching Zuzana Style:
Equipment Used:  Yoga Mat, Yoga Strap


Trigger Point Work:

Equipment Used:  Foam Roller, 1 Gigantic Sized Massage Balls, Yoga Mat, Wooden Foot Massager for back of calves

It's a bit too hard to describe to you all the things I did with the equipment, but I used the foam roller on my shins, calves (the whole length), quads, IT bands, whole back, lats.

With the Gigantic Sized Massage Ball (looks like a yellow golf ball), I used that on my IT bands, just below the back of my knees, lower calves, sides of calves, and my psoas area (this is the area between your belly button and your groin).  The psoas area was incredibly painful today and I couldn't do this for very long.  I'd never used this sized massage ball on the floor with my IT bands, but thankfully I've spent the past 2 months loosening that up and though it was still painful, nothing like when I started working in this area.  I literally cried back then because they were so tight.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Hey Doris,
Sorry I haven't been around! After Thanksgiving, I found myself being more and more lax in my eating habits. I was still working out, just wasn't eating as cleanly as I should. Then my son came home for the holidays and It seemed to get worse. On Dec. 26th I came down with a very nasty head cold. We went to Las Vegas for my birthday and New Years Eve celebrations! We left on Dec 30th and came back on Jan 2. I was so sick I couldn't workout! I think my lungs and head would have exploded! I spent the next 3 days in bed eating poorly and not working out! I haven't worked out since. I am back on track tomorrow!

My problem is the usual. I feel burned out with the same workouts, and I really need something like what we had to keep me motivated and on track!

I checked out Belinda Benn and I am tempted to try her program but I don't think she offers workouts just another eating plan which sounds very similar to Isabel de los Rios and Scott's!

I think I was drawn ti her because she is our age and didn't always look like that. I don't really think I will ever look like that but perhaps having a woman's perspective might be good? My problem is that I am in the middle of menopause (actually think I am getting close to being more than halfway through), so I don't know if Belinda can relate to it!

What do you think?

Glad to hear you are back on track and working hard as ever, good girl!
In this coming year may God bless you with all the peace , live, joy, happiness and ageless abs!
Love,
Gina ♥

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive