Index Labels

Healthy Sloppy Joe's

. . No comments:
This recipe is adapted from Ellie Krieger's 2006, Sloppy Joes Recipe from the Food Network.

Since I didn't have all the ingredients or didn't want to use all of them, this is what I made and it tasted very yummy -- the best sloppy joe's I've ever had AND nutritious.

Ingredients
  • 1 lb 90/10 natural ground sirloin
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 red pepper, diced
  • 1 can organic pinto beans, low sodium, rinsed & drained
  • 1 can organic tomato sauce, low sodium
  • 3 tbspns organic tomato paste, low sodium
  • 2 tbspns red wine vinegar
  • 1 tbspn raw organic sugar
  • 1.5 tbspn mustard powder
  • 1/2 tspn sea salt

Directions
Break up meat with hands & brown meat & onions in a large skillet over medium high heat for 5-6 min.  I had no drippings with that lean of beef, but if you have drippings, pour out of pan and discard.  Add garlic & red pepper & cook 2-3 min. 
In process of cooking

Stir in the rest of the ingredients, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 min. more.

Healthy Sloppy Joes








Makes 8 servings.
1 serving = 1/2 cup

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive