Index Labels

Wk 1, Day 2 - Tues, 4-Jan-2011

. . No comments:
SMARTER GOAL - Consume at least 105 oz water.  This means drinking 5 full mugs (22 oz) of water.  I've been getting headaches lately and it could be that I haven't been drinking a whole lot of water.

Today's goal was met.  Drank 108 oz water.  Woohoo!!!

SLEEP RECEIVE - 12:00 am - 6:30 am; 6:45 am - 7:30 am (intermittently) ----> 7.25 hrs

Went to sleep with a headache and a bit wired from working on this blog, setting it up.  Hate going to sleep when I'm in the middle of doing something.  Slept alright, but awoke still with the headache.  Though the house is pretty cold, the little space heater, down comforter, clothing, blankets kept me nice and toasty.

WATER CONSUMED (goal is 105 oz):

- Drank 22 oz by 8:45 am
- Drank 22 oz by 10:45 am (44 oz total)
- Drank 22 oz by 2:00 pm (66 oz total)
- Drank 22 oz by 4:30 pm (88 oz total)
- Drank 15 oz by 8:00 pm (103 oz total)
- Drank 5 oz by 9:30 pm (108 oz total)

For now, this is my water mug.  I measured it at to the point that it's filled, that's 22 oz.  I had been using a McDonald's 28 oz cup and drinking through a straw, but I wasn't replacing the straw frequently enough and thus, not good hygienewise.  The mug is easier to wash.  Maybe this will be less air sucked into my system?

The past few weeks, I've not consumed my normal water intake and have been experiencing more headaches.  Typically it can be due to tight neck/shoulder muscles, but mine are fine.  So, I'm guessing maybe hormonal and dehydration.  Sometimes when it's cold outside, I just don't feel like drinking too much water.

FOOD INTAKEP Day
Meal 1 (9:00 am):  2 Prograde Krill (EFA) capsules, 8 Priority One Women's Formula capsules, 2 organic eggs over easy with a tablespoon olive oil with some cilantro hummus.  

I walked away from the pan when it was heating up and it was on far too hot of heat.  My error.  That's why my eggs look a little crispy.  Usually I eat 3 eggs, but today it seemed like this amount looked sufficient.  Am still a little hungry.

Note:  Most of the time I eat with a small salad plate, unless I'm eating a salad, which I use a bigger plate.  This helps me to keep portion sizes down and make it seem like I'm eating more.

Meal 2 (12:45 pm):  16 gluten free corn crackers (1 serving), 1/4 large red pepper, 2 oz. of garlic-herbed goatcheese, spinach salad with heirloom tomatoes, red onions, fat free feta cheese, red pepper










Just because something says it's gluten free or sugar free or fat free does not mean it's calorie-free.  Keep that in mind as you eat.  In order to release weight (bodyfat), you need a caloric deficit.  That seems like such a simple concept but how many times do we thwart that?  I know that's the case with me.

The salad I had was fairly small and equates to a little over a cup.  Was too lazy to take it out of the tupperware it was in.  Used no dressing as the flavors from the feta & veggies were strong and didn't need anything added to it.  Really like the bite of the red onions, mixed in with the juiciness of the tomatoes (I prefer cherry sized tomatoes over the big ones in my salads.  This particular Fat Free Feta was from Trader Joe's and didn't have as much of a tang as regular fat feta.

One of my favorite dipping veggies is the red/yellow/orange peppers.  They are so yummily sweet and just great for snacking.  They have lots of good nutrients in them and you can check out  Peppers Nutritional Value.  The total meal is about 350 calories and no added sugar.

Meal 3 (4:45 pm):  4 oz of roasted pork roast, dried & salted crunchy green beans

I'm really waiting way too long between meals, but had errands and things to do with my kids.  Tuesdays is usually fish taco day for the kids and it's usually a very busy day for us.  However, today didn't have the normal Tuesday schedule, which is good as it allowed me to work on this blog and better monetize it.

Would have to admit that even after eating this plate full of food, I'm still hungry.  This amount of food is about 300-350 calories. 

My energy level has been constant all day.  It's due to very little sugar in my food today.  Though, for most of the day I've had a headache.  Did end up taking a couple Alleve's, which I do my best to not, but with a headache since last night, it was just too much for me.

Meal 4 (6:45 pm):  1.5 cups of spaghetti with meatsauce w/a tablespoon grated parmesan

I attend a single mom's Bible study most Tuesday evenings and they serve dinner.  Yes, way too carby for me, but I was still hungry after my last meal and my caloric intake was under 1000.  Not sure how many calories this is because I'm not really counting calories, but I doubt this was more than 300-400 calories.

There was an ice cream cake, cookies, and bread but I didn't eat any of that.  Thankfully I wasn't having any sweets cravings otherwise I would've.

My calories were probably a little too low for me and I tend to do better in the 1800-2000 calories per day.  My maintenance calories is about 2600-2800 calories.

Did not exercise yesterday or today and sat at the computer a lot.  Can't burn a lot of calories typing.  Hoping I'll be organized enough tomorrow to get in my workout.  If I had worked out, that would follow the food part.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive