Index Labels

Wk 1, Day 3 - Wed, 5-Jan-2011

. . No comments:
SMARTER GOAL - Get my workout done.

----> Goal completed!!!  Not only did I get my workout done, but I also actually had a P day, drank the water I'm supposed.  That means I had no dairy, corn, gluten, complex carbs, refined sugar.  Did well on protein, kept sugars aside from the greens smoothie & veggies very low.  Except for this lingering headache, I feel great. 

SLEEP RECEIVED:  11:45 pm - 6:30 am (6.75 hrs) ----> woke up tired a little, still have a headache.  Took my BP and it was 140/87.  That's really far too high for me as normally this would be about 120/67 when I first wake up or lower.  Not sure what is going on in my body.

WATER CONSUMED (Goal is 105 oz):
I've peed a few times but with drinking more than a gallon of water yesterday, I'm pretty sure I haven't come close to peeing a gallon.  Body retaining water or just sucking it up because my water intake most of December was low.  Maybe it's like a camel or dried cactus?  What a sight.  Hope I don't look like either.  LOL.

- Drank 22 oz by 9:45 am
- Drank 22 oz by 11:30 am (44 oz total)
- Drank 22 oz by 12:45 pm (66 oz total)
- Drank 22 oz by 2:15 pm (88 oz total)  ---> Was a challenge to drink after the smoothie; had to pee about 3-4 times.  Feels much better than to be all bloated.
- Drank 22 oz by 7:00 pm (110 oz total)

FOODS EATENP Day
Meal 1 (9:30 am):  3 eggs over easy (225 calories, 19 g protein), 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (120 calories), 2 tablespoons artichoke hummus (70 calories, 1 g sugar, 2 g protein), 2 Prograde krill oil capsules, 8 Priority One Women's Formula capsules [415 calories, 1 g sugar, 21 g protein]

----> Oh my goodness.  That artichoke hummus was so yummy.  Got it from Trader Joe's.  Never had it before.  I want more.  Still hungry, but not eating.  The picture would look similar to yesterday's, but today I did not burn my eggs (cooked on medium high rather than high).

Meal 2 (1:15 pm):  2 cups kale (56 calories, 4 g protein), 1/2 cup blueberries (35 calories, 6 g sugar 0.5 g protein), 1 banana (105 calories, 14.4 g sugar, 1.2 g protein), 1/2 serving mango (45 calories, 6.5 g sugar, 1 g protein), 2 teaspoons psyllium husk (12 g fiber), 2 scoops Prograde Vanilla Workout Powder (200 calories, 22 g sugar, 14 g protein), a bunch of cold water, 1 oz raw almonds (170 calories, 1 g sugar, 12 g protein) [611 calories, 49.5 g sugar, 31.7 g protein] 

----> This is after my Burpee Fusion Workout, which I should've made the smoothie sooner but I was typing up my workout stats.  This shake makes about 42 oz!!!

Meal 3 (3:45 pm):  1 oz raw almonds [170 calories, 1 g sugar, 6 g protein]

----> This is an easy snack; note the almonds are raw and have no sugar coating like honey roasted or any of that other stuff.  Nuts should be soaked overnight & dried before eating to be more beneficial for you.  Nut Soaking

Meal 4 (5:30 pm):  2 cups romaine lettuce (16 calories, 2 g sugar, 2 g protein), 10 heirloom cherry tomato (8 calories), red onions (13.5 calories, 2 g sugar, 0.5 g protein), 4 oz roasted pork loin (236 calories, 32.3 g protein), 1/3 red pepper (10 calories, 2 g sugar), 1/3 cup cucumber (6 calories, 1 g sugar), a couple tablespoons orange-oregano dressing [about 310 calories, 7 g sugar, 34.8 g protein]



Meal 5 (7:30 pm):  1 oz raw almonds [170 calories, 1 g sugar, 6 g protein]

TOTAL CALORIES:  1676 calories (Maintenance for me is about 2600-2800 calories.  A 1K deficit is good or maybe a little less.)

TOTAL SUGARS:  59.5 g (if I take out the sugars from the greens protein smoothie, all fruits & veggies, then it's 4g --- this consists of the hummus & nuts)

TOTAL PROTEINS:  99.5 g (100 g protein is about the protein amount I'm aiming for.  This is close.  If I was lifting really heavy weights, then I'd up my protein intake, but I'm just wanting to maintain my muscle mass.  My lean body mass (LBM) and water weight is over 150 lbs.  I don't really need to add more here, just drop the bodyfat and sculpt my body.)

Notes:  I will NOT be typically tracking my calories, sugars & proteins unless the meals are significantly different.  Just wanted to show what these things are at the beginning.

EXERCISE:  12:09 pm - 12:41 pm

Warmup (2 rounds):  2:53 
- Pushups x 8
- Squats x 12
- Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
- Jumping Jacks x 20

Burpee Fusion Workout by Zuzana LightBurpee Fusion (Slaughter) Workout

Round 1:  DB Swing = 10 reps, Burpee = 11 reps  --->  Time = 1:24
Round 2:  DB Swing = 10 reps, Burpee = 12 reps  --->  Time = 1:40
Round 3:  DB Swing = 10 reps, Burpee = 13 reps  --->  Time = 1:58
Round 4:  DB Swing = 10 reps, Burpee = 14 reps  --->  Time = 2:10
Round 5:  DB Swing = 10 reps, Burpee = 15 reps  --->  Time = 2:27
Round 6:  DB Swing = 10 reps, Burpee = 16 reps  --->  Time = 2:10
Round 7:  DB Swing = 10 reps, Burpee = 17 reps  --->  Time = 2:26
Round 8:  DB Swing = 10 reps, Burpee = 18 reps  --->  Time = 2:34
Round 9:  DB Swing = 10 reps, Burpee = 19 reps  --->  Time = 2:52
Round 10:  DB Swing = 10 reps, Burpee = 20 reps  --->  Time = 2:54

Total Time: 22:35 (does not include warmup or cooldown)

Round 1:  Max Heartrate = 136 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 130 bpm 
Round 2:  Max Heartrate = 142 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 134 bpm 
Round 3:  Max Heartrate = 147 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 143 bpm 
Round 4:  Max Heartrate = 144 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 139 bpm 
Round 5:  Max Heartrate = 147 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 143 bpm 
Round 6:  Max Heartrate = 153 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 146 bpm 
Round 7:  Max Heartrate = 154 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 150 bpm 
Round 8:  Max Heartrate = 156 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 152 bpm 
Round 9:  Max Heartrate = 156 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 153 bpm 
Round 10:  Max Heartrate = 156 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 127 bpm  ----> not sure why this is so low

Cooldown:  6:10 (walking in place & used the foam roller on legs & back)

Total Workout Time:   31:44 
Calories Burned:  419
Max Heartrate:  158 bpm
Avg Heartrate:  142 bpm

Zone 1 = 3:19, Zone 2 = 2:26, Zone 3 = 6:20, Zone 4 = 13:24, Zone 5 = 0:02

Note 1:  This was a tough workout.  In Zuzana's video she said to do 20 min. of jump roping.  Yeah, that wasn't going to happen.  This was my 2nd workout for 2011 so far.  The other one was less structured and was done on New Year's Day.  The first 3 rounds I did the jumping stuff that comes with burpees, but my left shin/calf area felt weird and not right so I did more beginner style burpees, which is all the movements without the jumping around.  Zuzana shows it in her videos. 

I don't have a sandbag, so I used a 12 lb DB and did swings with those.  It wasn't heavy, but I could tell the last 2 rounds, my lower back could feel this more, which I should've been using my hips to do the thrusting out.  My bad.  Did have good form on the burpees.  It's been a long time since I did this many burpees.  This workout had 155 burpees in it!  Whew! 

The last 2 rounds I felt like giving up but didn't.  Praise God!  I was actually praying and telling God without Him, I cannot finish these burpees.  Philippians 4:13 came alive, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  Thank you God for helping me through those.  The photo was taken with my cell and it was angled crooked.  I'm not and the wall is not tilted.  LOL.

Note 2:  I use a Polar Heartrate Monitor RS200SD.  Got this 4 yrs ago and love this thing.  This consists of a watch with a wireless strap that goes around your chest, as well as a wireless foot pod (no need for a pedometer)  Every time I start a new round, I just let my watch know by the press of a button.  This keeps track of the time for each round, as well as my heartrates.  If I really want, I could upload all the data of each workout from my heartrate monitor online and see how I do throughout the whole workout, but I've never done this before.   



I originally got this to do Triathlons, which you can go swimming with this and it gives you all sorts of information.  There are probably even features on that I don't know about.

It's important for me to wear a heartrate monitor because sometimes I think I'm working harder than I really am and other times, I'm working harder than I really realize.  The heartrate monitor helps me know whether it's true or not.  In the past, I had a tendency of working out too hard for my heart, which caused me health issues.  This helps me keep a check on it.

Though I worked out over the Holiday period, it was a little less structured than what I'm going to be doing.  My body tends to adjust really quick to workouts, so it's important to constantly challenge myself.  I've never completed one of Zuzana's workouts in full until today.  Yeah!!!  She rocks and it really tough.

The warmup came from Scott Colby.  I like that because it deals with the whole body.  I'll be doing more of Scott's workouts later this year, as well as incorporating a different Scott/Angie's workouts and other people.  Even with hard workouts, my body does adapt and like most people, I can get lazy and want to do what's easier.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive