Index Labels

Wk 2, Day 3 - Wed, 12-Jan-2011

. . No comments:
SMARTER GOAL:  Do at least 2-thirty min. trigger point sessions on my legs, but preferably 3 throughout the day and ice my knees several times today.

I did 1 - 20 min. trigger point session at noon and 1 - 45 min. trigger point session this evening.  Have iced my knees 3x today.

SLEEP RECEIVED:   11:45 pm - 6:30 pm (6.75) ----> Kept waking up due to the pain in my knees, particularly my right one.  Had to go to the bathroom once in the middle of the night.  Ohhh, that hurt so much.  I resisted going knowing that my knees were hurting so much, but finally had to relent.

WATER CONSUMED (Goal is 102 oz):
Drank 22 oz by 8:15 am 
Drank 22 oz by 9:30 pm
Drank 22 oz by 11:30 pm
Drank 22 oz by 1:15 pm
Drank 22 oz by 6:30 pm

FOODS EATENP Day
Meal 1 (8:30 am):  2 Prograde krill (EFA) capsules, 8 Priority One Women's Formula capsules, 3 eggs over medium, 2 tblspns artichoke hummus, 1 tbspn olive oil 

----> I did a better job making eggs today.  Keep the temp to medium high instead of high.  Sometimes I'm so impatient.  The eggs really spread out today.  It was easy to flip over when you're patient.

Meal 2 (10:45 pm):  1 oz raw almonds

Meal 3 (12:00 pm):  turnip cake, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices  

----> The turnip cakes needed some color.  Cherry tomatoes & cucumber slices were easy.  I'm all about nutritious & easy.  The turnip cakes do have rice flour in them (gluten free), but it still is a form of complex carbs, which I'm not supposed to be having today.  This is what I felt like eating and I really didn't want to make a real salad or eat eggs.  Feeling lazy.

Meal 4 (4:00 pm):  1 turnip cake

Healthy Sloppy Joe Salad
Meal 5 (5:15 pm):  2 cups arugula, about 1 cup homemade healthy sloppy joe

----> My 7 yr old son asked if I could make Sloppy Joe's this evening.  It's been quite some time since I've made it, but I felt that I had whatever ingredients are required.  Did a google on healthy sloppy joe recipes and found one on the Food Network.  Though I didn't have every ingredient, I improvised and it came out delicious!  My kids loved it.  It's a keeper recipe.

Meal 6 (7:30 pm):  2/3rds serving of a low carb chocolate bar (80 calories, 0.7 g protein, 1.3 g sugar) from Trader Joe's with 2/3rds oz of almonds (114 calories, 4 g protein, 0.7 g sugar) [200 calories, 4.7 g protein, 2 g sugar] 

----> This was not very big as you can tell the comparison the chocolate with the nuts.  This chocolate was soooo good.  I've been having cravings the past couple days and still feeling hungry.  This might have done the trick.  What is cool about this is that it's so low in sugar.
-----------------------------------------

RESTING DUE TO INJURED KNEES - NO WORKOUTS

My body is a comfortable sore.  Calves are most sore, followed by my glutes & hams.  My abs are always a little sore because every workout engages my abs.  My forearms are sore, too.  Back isn't too sore, but just a little.
----------------------------------------

TRIGGER POINT WORK:

20 min. work just using the Large Golf Massage Ball on my psoas, IT bands, upper quads, groin, hip flexor areas, lower quads.  So painful.  Iced for 15 min. about 20 min. before working on this area around noon.

45 min. work in the early evening in the same areas as prior, but also calves, hamstrings, sides of calves using the Gigantic Massage Ball.  Also used Foam Roller on those areas, as well as on my back, obliques, shins.  Use the wooden foot massager on my forearms, calves, lower quads.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive