Index Labels

Wk 1, Day 4 - Thurs, 6-Jan-2011

. . No comments:
SMARTER GOAL - Keep complex carbs to only morning.

-----> I sort of wanted to eat some gluten free corn crackers or some of the kids' mac & cheese, but I opted to stick to the plan.  Woohoo!!!  Another day of accomplishing my goal.

SLEEP RECEIVED:  11:15 am - 5:30 am (6.25 hrs) ----> Woke up too early.  Wished I could've slept in longer but was thinking too much and woke up an hour before I needed to wake.  BP was 120/71 at about 6 am.  This is a normal wakeup BP for me and I feel really good at this.  Much lower I feel really tired and once it gets above the 135/85 range, I begin getting headaches and feel often like I'm wired.  Even though my BP was normal and good for me, still had a dull headache.  Guessing now that this headache issue isn't because of my BP. 

My headache was really bad and seemed to be intensifying as the morning went on.  Took a nap from 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm.  Felt really disoriented.  Before I went to sleep, I spent 20-30 min. working on trigger points in my upper back, neck, back of head areas.  Drank a little water.  Had some really strange, vivid dreams.

WATER CONSUMED (Goal is 105 oz):
- Drank 22 oz by 9:30 am
- Drank 22 oz by 11:30 am (44 oz total)
- Drank 22 oz by 2:30 pm (66 oz total)
- Drank 22 oz by 5:00 pm (88 oz total)
- Drank 22 oz by 7:00 pm (110 oz total)

Been peeing throughout the day, so that is a good sign.  It feels good to regularly drink water and not cram it all in in one or two periods.  My pee early on in the day is bright yellow and I believe that is due to my vitamins that I take at my first meal.

FOODS EATEN:  P+C Day
Meal 1 (8:45 am):  2 Prograde krill (EFA) oil capsules, 8 Priority One Women's Formula, Oatmeal concoction - 1/4 cup dried oats cooked with 1/2 cup water in microwave (75 calories, 3 g protein, 0.5 g sugar), 1 banana (105 calories, 1.2 g protein, 14.4 g sugar), 1/2 cup blueberries (35 calories, 0.5 g protein, 6 g sugar), 1/4 cup walnuts (191 calories, 4.4 g protein, 1 g sugar), 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (40 calories, 1.5 g protein), 2 tablespoons creamy raw peanut butter (unsalted) (170 calories, 7 g protein, 1 g sugar).  [616 calories, 17.6 g protein, 8.9 g sugar]

1/4 cup dried organic oats

now with 1 banana, 1/2 cup frozen
blueberries, 1/4 cup raw walnuts,
2 tbspns raw creamy peanut butter,
1 tbspn ground flaxseed


Final concoction mixed
 ------->  I only ate half of this as this was a lot of food and very filling.  I loved all the ingredients and each one served a purpose.  A banana does have a lot of sugar, but the potassium in it is good for my blood pressure, which it's been a bit high the past month.  Not sure why but I was sick often in Oct/Nov and some Dec.  Not sure if it's residual from this.

Meal 2 (11:00 am):  Ate the other half of the oatmeal concoction from earlier.

Red Chard
 Meal 3 (4:30 pm):  Greens smoothie - 3 cups red chard (21 calories, 3 g protein), 1/2 cup blueberries (35 calories, 6 g sugar 0.5 g protein), 1 banana (105 calories, 14.4 g sugar, 1.2 g protein), 1 serving mango (90 calories, 13 g sugar, 2 g protein), 2 teaspoons psyllium husk (12 g fiber), 2 scoops Isagenix Vanilla IsaLean Powder (240 calories, 16 g sugar, 23 g protein), a bunch of cold water, 1 oz raw almonds (170 calories, 1 g sugar, 12 g protein) [443 calories, 28 g protein, 34 g sugar] 



----> I had the greens protein smoothie 1.5 hrs after my walk, which is NOT ideal, but I was running errands.  Had more pictures, but I couldn't get them to post properly without making the blog all strange looking & distorted.  I meant to do my walk and be done by 1:30 pm so I could be on track with my eating, but my headache was causing me such pain that a nap was necessary.  This messed up my eating schedule.  Thus, I'm minus one meal for now as I don't want to be eating too late.

Meal 4 (6:45 pm):  1/2 cup yellow fin tuna in olive oil (240 calories, 26 g protein), 1/2 cup white kidney beans (120 calories, 8 g protein, 1 g sugar), red onions (13.5 calories, 2 g sugar, 0.5 g protein), balsamic vinegar, 4 cups arugula (40 calories, 4 g protein)  [413.5 calories, 38.5 g protein, 3 g sugar] 

---> Admittedly after having the smoothie a couple hrs ago and drinking water, I'm not super hungry, but I do want to make sure I eat all of this as the calories would do me good and they are all good calories as 1200 calories is not a lot of calories and falls well below my BMR (basal metabolic rate), which is around 1700-1800 calories.  I really want to be eating my BMR daily and not dip too far below.  Will go into this more another blog post in the future.

TOTAL CALORIES:  1600.5 calories

TOTAL PROTEIN:  84.1 g (not close enough to 100 g)

TOTAL SUGARS:  46 g (take out greens smoothie, fruit & veggies, it's 3.5 g sugar)

EXERCISE:  2:39 pm - 3:10 pm

Walk in the Park
Total Time:  30:05

Note:  My heartrate monitor was all over the place, so I'm not documenting my heartrates & calories burned as I believe this was skewed.  This was a leisurely walk to break in new shoes but to help with my headache.  The fresh air did me good.  Gorgeous day. 

When I was checking my heartrate monitor, the ducks thought I wanted to feed them.  They followed me for a short bit but when they realized no food was coming from me, they began to swim away.

I am somewhat sort (my legs and my arms from yesterday's workout, but not too bad.  It's a comfortable sore.  The walk was refreshing.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive