DORIS' DAILY SUMMARY/LEARNINGS:
- 116/74, 61 bpm - I went to bed way too late again. BP is creeping up. I need to stop allowing others to engage me in late night conversations. It truly is bad for my health.
- I still feel gassy or constipated. My kids are, too. I need to take my probiotics, but I haven't now for quite a few days.
- Laundry overflowing. Did 2 loads of clothes and 1 load linens. That should reduce what the kids will do this weekend.
- Did some floor cleaning.
- Been focusing a lot on foods and paleo eating, encouraging others to eat healthier, putting recipes in my blog. However, that's left me not working out.
- I need to learn to have healthy boundaries and turn off my cell, turn off IM, get off the computer before 10 pm, not return messages or emails late at night so I can get to bed at a decent hour and get enough sleep. Not sleeping enough messes with a person's hormones, insulin levels, causes fat storage to occur, and is bad on the heart. There are probably other bad things too from sleep deprivation (poor choices) that I don't know, but I need to cut this out.
- I need to cut people off at the quick who choose to have conversations with me that repulse me. I felt so slimed last night that I had to pray for forgiveness and renouncement of my involvement in not good conversations, even if I am against what is being said. By me allowing the conversation to continue means I am tolerating it. Just thinking about it makes me want to puke. I do not want to be a part of hearing about a person's sick mindset, nor any details. Actually, I don't need to know any of it period!
- My period started lightly today. Feeling pretty pukey during my workout, but pressed on. I did have problems with the situp motion, but if I was looking at the floor doing sprawls or things like that, I was fine.
- I know my eating today isn't real good. No veggies and eating is skimpy.
- When I went to get the kids after school & Chess (my son got a huge trophy!), I continued to feel physically pretty bad. Not too long after coming home, I had to sleep. Was going to sleep for 30-45 min., but it turned out a lot longer.
- Still not feeling too great after the near 2 hr nap, but okay. Can't wait to go back to sleep after my shower. Yes, I slept without taking a shower. My bad.
SLEEP: 1:15 am - 6:30 am (5.25 hrs) ---> I'm thinking that my results will not be too good this week with little exercise and poor sleeping, and extra sugar from the fruit.
Nap: 5:45 pm - 7:30 pm (1.75 hrs) ----> I was feeling so tired and out of it. Really crashed. Forgot to feed my kids, but they scrounged up food to eat.
8:30 am - Heart Meds (still haven't gotten back to my supplements)
8:30 pm - Heart Meds, 1 Mg capsule
EATING: Paleo+Dairy (Day 102)
Meal 1 @ 8:45 am: 2 scrambled eggs
Meal 2 @ 1:30 pm: 1 hard-boiled egg, 1/2 oz raw almonds, 4 squares 85% dark chocolate ----> I know, a sucky lunch.
Post Workout Shake @ 3:45 pm: 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, 1 scoop ground flaxseed, 2 scoops whey protein, lots of cinnamon, 1 scoop Greens First, 1 cup of ice, 1/3 cup frozen pineapple tidbits ----> The crushed ice makes this shake really thick.
Meal 3 @ 5:30 pm: 1 oz jalapeno jack cheese, 1 hard-boiled egg
Meal 4 @ 8:00 pm: 1 oz jalapeno jack cheese, 2 Tspns raw homemade almond butter
Equipment Used: Yoga mat, Polar Heartrate Monitor RS200SD, GymBoss Timer, Swiss Ball, softball sized massage ball, baseball sized massage ball
Warmup (2 rounds): 3:08
- Pushups x 8
- Squats x 12
- Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
- Jumping Jacks x 20
Funk Roberts - Spartacus 2.0 Week 9, Workout #1 (Grind It Out), 1st time (3 rounds): Each exercise is max reps in 60 sec followed with 15 sec rest all the way through. 90 seconds rest in between rounds. 1 Round = 12.5 min. This is a 41.5 min. workout not including warmup and cooldown.
Since it was requested that I don't post the details of what Funk's workouts are for this program, these last 2 weeks (9 & 10), you can actually get the workouts for free on his blog at Funk's Bodyweight Workouts. I am doing the advanced version where it's 60:15 intervals with 90 sec rest between 3 rounds of the "Grind It Out" Workout.
Cooldown: 15:27 ---> I would've done this for longer except I was feeling so incredibly dizzy. Lying down on my back made me feel so dizzy, while on my tummy, I was fine.
Warmup: Max HR = 122 bpm, Avg HR = 112 bpm
Round 1: Max HR = 143 bpm, Avg HR = 130 bpm
Round 2: Max HR = 152 bpm, Avg HR = 140 bpm
Round 3: Max HR = 150 bpm, Avg HR = 142 bpm ----> Feeling super pukey
Cooldown: Max HR = 131 bpm, Avg HR = 120 bpm
Total Time: 59:27
Calories Burned: 782
Max HR: 152 bpm
Avg HR: 132 bpm
Zone 1 = 16:24, Zone 2 = 10:46, Zone 3 = 15:54, Zone 4 = 4:52
Notes: I've been used to all these weighted workouts that it was a challenge to do just bodyweight workout, but this was good if I didn't feel so nauseated doing the situp exercises. This may be hormonal or due to something I ate, or something else. Did not feel like passing out, so that is good.
My heartrates were good, and no real weird spikes or any spikes that I saw. My abs are getting stronger and I did like the one ab focused exercise, but not when it made me feel dizzy.