Index Labels

Sat, 26-May-2012

. . No comments:
Today was actually really great.  My kids and I, as well as a couple friends, got to go to a Memorial Day BBQ that really was perfect.  Without going into total details, though I still did not work out this day, doing my progress update really helped me to stay pretty much on track throughout the 9 hrs that we were there.

76 lb smoked, roasted pork - delicious - sorry piggy


There was tons of food (lots of refined sugar, grains & starches), but I did not eat most of it.  Though, I did enjoy watching others eat these foods and thinking that I did not want to choose to eat those things as they would not make me feel good.

What did I eat during those 9 hrs at the BBQ?

  • My Paleo Chunky Chili with full fat sour cream, fresh tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, fresh green onions (Yes, I know that sour cream and cheese are not Paleo friendly, but I do eat some dairy in my diet)
  • Roasted, Smoked Pork --- YUM!
  • BBQ Grilled Chicken --- 2 Thighs (this did have BBQ sauce on it, and it tasted like it had sugar)
  • 5-8 deviled eggs (halves)
  • about 1 cup of quinoa salad (had tomatoes, cilantro . . . no corn, wheat, or extra sugar)
  • 1 little potsticker
  • 2 heaping tablespoons of potato salad (Jess', whom I totally love this)
  • a bunch of bottles of water
  • a diet Coke
Was I perfect in my eating?   No, but I limited what I had and ate very little of what was not great choices for me and focused more on drinking water.  I also focused on enjoying other people.  It helped a great deal that I ate my chili and a bunch of it, which filled me more.  I filled myself up on plenty of protein, which helped me to stay full for much longer and feel satisfied.

I'm back on track.  To stay at a BBQ and have a lot of fun, being with a lot of people that I enjoyed for many hrs and really not eat more junk for me, is a miracle.  

Anyway, I'm so proud of myself and that God strengthened me to have self-control.  Anyway, just want to show you what I ate over 9 hrs.


My initial plate - I did go back for more chicken, pork, quinoa so, this plate times 2

This is what I really wanted to eat, but I did not.

I wasn't going to take a picture of this, but this is what I drank - normally I do not drink soda or diet, much less.

2 heaping tablespoons of Jess' Potato Salad - Yummilicious

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive