|76 lb smoked, roasted pork - delicious - sorry piggy|
There was tons of food (lots of refined sugar, grains & starches), but I did not eat most of it. Though, I did enjoy watching others eat these foods and thinking that I did not want to choose to eat those things as they would not make me feel good.
What did I eat during those 9 hrs at the BBQ?
- My Paleo Chunky Chili with full fat sour cream, fresh tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, fresh green onions (Yes, I know that sour cream and cheese are not Paleo friendly, but I do eat some dairy in my diet)
- Roasted, Smoked Pork --- YUM!
- BBQ Grilled Chicken --- 2 Thighs (this did have BBQ sauce on it, and it tasted like it had sugar)
- 5-8 deviled eggs (halves)
- about 1 cup of quinoa salad (had tomatoes, cilantro . . . no corn, wheat, or extra sugar)
- 1 little potsticker
- 2 heaping tablespoons of potato salad (Jess', whom I totally love this)
- a bunch of bottles of water
- a diet Coke
Was I perfect in my eating? No, but I limited what I had and ate very little of what was not great choices for me and focused more on drinking water. I also focused on enjoying other people. It helped a great deal that I ate my chili and a bunch of it, which filled me more. I filled myself up on plenty of protein, which helped me to stay full for much longer and feel satisfied.
I'm back on track. To stay at a BBQ and have a lot of fun, being with a lot of people that I enjoyed for many hrs and really not eat more junk for me, is a miracle.
Anyway, I'm so proud of myself and that God strengthened me to have self-control. Anyway, just want to show you what I ate over 9 hrs.
|My initial plate - I did go back for more chicken, pork, quinoa so, this plate times 2|
|This is what I really wanted to eat, but I did not.|
|I wasn't going to take a picture of this, but this is what I drank - normally I do not drink soda or diet, much less.|
|2 heaping tablespoons of Jess' Potato Salad - Yummilicious|