|The yellowish eggs are the Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs|
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, halved and egg yolks set aside
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 5 slices bacon, cooked & quartered
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard (already prepared)
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Here's a video on how to make hard-boiled eggs that are easy to peel.
- Some additional notes I would like to add is that instead of 2 min. of rapid boiling, maybe increase to 4 min., remove from stove, cover for 15-20 min. When you add the ice, make sure you let sit in the ice water for a few minutes. They are easier to peel when they are colder, rather than a medium warm temperature.
- In a food processor, after the bacon has been cooked and coarsely chopped to go into a food processor, process until it looks like bacon bits.
- Add the mayo, mustard, and shredded cheddar cheese. No salt needed as the cheese and bacon already have salt.
- Place smooth mixture into a plastic baggy (if you want to be fancy, but a pastry tip like a star tip into the bag) with one corner clipped so the mixture can be piped out. Don't make this too big.
- Pipe onto egg white halves. Garnish with bacon bits.
- If not serving immediately, refrigerate until ready to serve.