Index Labels

Smoky Guacamole Deviled Eggs

. . No comments:
There have been so many socials and things that I have cooked for in the month of May, my grocery budget is being blown to smitherines, so God popped the idea of me working with one of my favorite foods - EGGS.  Since these are potlucks or BBQs I'm going to, why not make deviled eggs.  Most people like them, right?

Green Filling is the Smoky Guacamole Deviled Eggs
As normal, I can't just stick to a basic recipe, but need to modify and choose recipes that have tons of flavor.  Rarely now do I buy already prepared foods, as it's less expensive, more flavorful, and I can ensure the ingredients that are used are high-quality, with no crappy things.

This recipe comes from Melissa's blog at I Breathe . . . I'm Hungry.  She is a wonderful (and one of my favorite food bloggers) cook, really transparent, funny, gorgeous pictures and I just love her blog.  She is in the middle of an ebook, which I hope to get.

Here is what I made.  

Makes 24 Deviled Eggs

Ingredients:
  • 12 hard-boiled eggs, halved lengthwise (separate yolks from whites - whites on a plate, yolks in a bowl)
  • 1 large avocado, pitted & halved
  • 6 tablespoons mayonnaise (I will be learning to make my own mayo soon)
  • juice of 1 fresh lime
  • 2 tablespoons cilantro (increased by double from original recipe)
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (decreased by 1/3 from original recipe)
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin (doubled this from the original recipe)
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder (I added this - gives it a smokey bite) - you can grind a dried chipotle pepper in a coffee grinder into powder - omit if you don't want it too spicy or can't find this.
Directions:
  • Here's a video on how to make hard-boiled eggs that are easy to peel.
  • Some additional notes I would like to add is that instead of 2 min. of rapid boiling, maybe increase to 4 min., remove from stove, cover for 15-20 min.  When you add the ice, make sure you let sit in the ice water for a few minutes.  They are easier to peel when they are colder, rather than a medium warm temperature.
  • Place everything except for the egg whites in a food processor and blend until smooth.  Make sure the cilantro is chopped up into bits and the yolks are smooth, not clumpy.
  • Place smooth mixture into a plastic baggy (if you want to be fancy, but a pastry tip like a star tip into the bag) with one corner clipped so the mixture can be piped out.  Don't make this too big.
  • Pipe onto egg white halves.  Garnish with a cilantro leaf (I didn't as I was pressed for time).
  • If not serving immediately, refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive