Index Labels

Chocolate Swiss Mocha Cupcakes

. . No comments:
This is another recipe from The Food Lovers Kitchen blog that I have modified to my liking.  Totally LOVE this recipe and someone brought up Jessica Seinfeld's book Deceptively Delicious  about hiding healthy fruits & veggies in foods to get kids to eat them.  I don't believe in this, at least being deceptive, but I have incredible kids that don't mind all my crazy concoctions and they help contribute to this, too.  Started at an early age introducing them to all sorts of foods, so they have become accustomed to the many healthy ingredients I use.  They know no better.  It's natural and fun for them.

We had leftover strawberries & bananas, so this was a good topping
Anywho . . . this recipe has no dairy in it.  Eggs come from chickens and dairy from cows, so unless cows started laying eggs, eggs are not dairy.  This recipe has no grains, no nuts, no starch, no dairy yet is incredibly delicious.  These cupcakes are very rich and have a heavy coffee taste.  If you do not like coffee or the taste of it, omit these ingredients and you'll still get a very rich chocolatey taste.

Serves 12

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (don't used Morton's ionized salt . . . very nutritionally deficient)
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder (they did not say use unsweetened, but that's all I have)
  • 1 tablespoon decaffeinated swiss mocha powder (or another decaff ground coffee flavor) - addition
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (increased this amount)
  • 1 teaspoon cream of tartar (added this to the recipe)
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (replaced this as I didn't have palm shortening)
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup, grade B
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (increased this amount)
  • 6 large eggs
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350° F.
  • Fill a cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake liners.
  • Sift coconut flour, sea salt, cacao powder, baking soda, and cream of tartar in a medium bowl.  It is really important that you sift this otherwise the coconut flour will clump.  Set aside.
  • In a large stainless steel mixing bowl, add coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and eggs.  Beat on medium speed until well combined, then beat for another 20-30 sec longer.  I use a KitchenAid, but you can also use a hand mixer as well.
  • Add the flour mixture in thirds gradually to the wet products, combined well after each addition.  
  • What you should get is a very thick batter. 
  • Pour batter into cupcake liners all the way to just below the top of the liner.
  • Bake for 35 min. at 350° F.
  • Cool on wire racks for at least 30 min.
I did not add cream of tartar to this, but had I done that, they would've risen more
  • Frost cupcakes with Swiss Mocha Avocado Frosting (I fill a sandwich baggy with the frosting, cup a little section from the corner and pipe onto the cupcakes.)
  • You can either serve immediately, or put in refrigerator and chill to serve later.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive