Index Labels

Apple Pear Pie

. . No comments:

This recipe is a combination of quite a few other people's stuff and then this is what turned out.  Pictures forthcoming.

Moist Apple - Pear Pie with Crunchy Almond Topping

Ingredients:
  • 3 gala apples, cored, sliced into 16 wedges each apple (can be any apples you want)
  • 3 pears, cored, sliced into wedges or chunks (any types of pears you want)
  • cinnamon, ground
  • 4 Tbspns coconut oil (if you don't like coconut, you could use butter)
  • 1/3 cup almond meal
Directions:
  • Core apples and slice into 16 wedges.  I have an apple corer that does this into 8 wedges and I cut these in 1/2, making thinner wedges.
  • Core pears and either chunk or slice into smaller wedges.  I did a combination of this.
Gala Apples & Bosc Pear
Added a Red Pear to the mix
  • In a 9" pie dish or square glass casserole dish, toss apples & pears (that have been cored and sliced/chunked) with as much cinnamon as you want.  I love lots of cinnamon.  Cinnamon helps with the heart as well as control blood sugar levels.

  • Dot the top of the mixture with coconut oil.  A little goes a long way.
  • Sprinkle generously the top with almond meal.  This was easiest for me as I had this, but you could really use chopped nuts, oatmeal (if you aren't going grain free), coconut flakes, whatever you want.
  • Again, dot the almond meal topping with coconut oil.  It's okay if your oil is still hardened.  If you don't have coconut oil, you could use little pats of butter, but I like coconut oil as it has a lot of health benefits over butter.
Pie Before going into oven
  • Bake for 30 min. or until top is browned.
  • Serve warm or cold.  You can top with ice cream (my kids prefer homemade ice cream from the Blendtec blender) or whipped cream of your choice.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive