DORIS' DAILY SUMMARY/LEARNINGS:
- BP - 123/79, 66 bpm - Forgot my BP meds last night, went to bed late watching a violent ancient Chinese movie in Mandarin (I speak Cantonese) with subtitles, and woke up way too early.
- Talked with my best friend from college for about 4 hrs. We were catching up since we haven't talked before Christmas, I think. Glad she called and we could talk.
- Did my measurements, video, pictures. Submitted my stuff to BB for the Transformation contest for this week. Also edited my video and posted on YT, but much shorter version this time. Usually I'm around 9-10 min., but I made this total video less than 2 min. Just didn't feel like all that other stuff.
- Didn't have time or want to edit the kids' school video because I was watching videos on YT about how to make different things (food).
- Felt burned out from the week. Needed to run some errands out of the house, but never did.
- Happy with my results for the last week.
- I really wished I had a Blendtec or VitaMix blender. I could make my own nut butters, coconut butter, snow cones, really smooth smoothies, and other stuff that I cannot do with what I currently have as they are not powerful enough.
- I also really wished I had some cast iron pans, a bunch of ceramic cookware (this would be my ultimate choice) and stainless steel cookware.
- Did my daughter's hair - straightened it - today, as she went swimming with my son at the neighbor's most of the afternoon, as well as playing there. Gave me some peace & quiet. It took me 15-20 min. to blow dry and about 45 min. to flat iron it. It helps to have the right tools and videos showing me how to do this from when she was at the hair salon.
- Though physically I'm feeling fine, mentally & emotionally I feel beaten down. Too much crap. Need to detox there.
- I'm so behind on my gratitude journal. Uggh. It's so challenging to keep that up and this, too.
- No real reason why I didn't get my workout done as I felt physically well enough & capable, as well as had the time. I just didn't feel like doing it.
SLEEP: 11:45 - 5:30 am (5.75 hrs) - I was so tired and should've gone to sleep earlier, but this Chinese movie I was watching was way longer than I thought, then, I wanted to do some reading of some books I got at the library, and they intrigued me.
Nap: 4:00 pm - 5:45 pm (1.75 hrs) - I just wanted a nap. I wasn't really tired. Honestly, I could've done my workout, but I didn't.
6:00 am - Heart Meds, 2 Women's Multi-Vitamins w/Iron
10:45 pm - Heart Meds, 1 Mg capsule
EATING: Paleo+Dairy (Day 97)
Meal 1 @ 12:30 pm: 2 scrambled eggs
Treat @ 1:30 pm: 4 squares 85% dark chocolate
Meal 2 @ 6:00 pm: 2 scoops whey protein, 1 scoop of ground flaxseed, 1 scoop Greens First powder, psyllium husk, cinnamon, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
Meal 3 @ 8:15 pm: turmeric cauli-rice (added bacon ends, red pepper, sea salt, ground pepper), left over Brazilian Curry Chicken, leftover pulled pork w/BBQ sauce (a little of each)