|Delicious Kale Avocado Ice Cream|
- 3/4 cup half & half (or heavy cream) ---> If you want dairy free, use coconut cream.
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1 banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 Tbspns ground cinnamon
- 2-3 scoops of pure whey protein (18-27g protein)
- 1 1/2 tspns vanilla extract
- 1/2 bunch of kale leaves (remove the bulkiest part of the stem, just a few inches) - loosely packed
- 3 cups ice cubes
- You will need a high powered blender for this. The Cuisinart I have does not chop up ice cubes really well, so you will need a blender that is able to process ice cubes to be like the ice of snow cones. That could be a Blendtec, a VitaMix, or whatever other comparable blender there is.
- Place ingredients in order of the first to the last.
- Blend until it starts to look like ice cream. In a Blendtec, this will be on the ice cream setting, which is about 45 sec or so.
- Serve immediately in bowls, or you can put into the freezer.
- Note: If you want a milkshake, add more half & half. If you use heavy cream, this gives it a creamier texture.