|The yellow eggs are the Lemon Bacon Curry Deviled Eggs|
|Bacon was already cooking in the oven|
- 11 hard-boiled eggs, halved lengthwise (separate yolks from whites - whites on a plate, yolks in a bowl)
- 5 pieces bacon, cooked, quartered (to go into food processor)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Here's a video on how to make hard-boiled eggs that are easy to peel.
- Some additional notes I would like to add is that instead of 2 min. of rapid boiling, maybe increase to 4 min., remove from stove, cover for 15-20 min. When you add the ice, make sure you let sit in the ice water for a few minutes. They are easier to peel when they are colder, rather than a medium warm temperature.
- In a food processor, after the bacon has been cooked and coarsely chopped to go into a food processor, process until it looks like bacon bits.
|This is a beef bacon (I think) from Trader Joe's|
|You have to cut the bacon some to fit in the food processor, which I used a small processor|
|Looks like bacon bits|
- Add the all the rest of the ingredients to the bacon in the food processor and process until mixture is fairly smooth, except bacon will not be smooth.
- Place mixture into a plastic baggy (if you want to be fancy, but a pastry tip like a star tip into the bag) with one corner clipped so the mixture can be piped out. Don't make this too big.
- Pipe onto egg white halves. Garnish with bacon bits.
|I forgot to garnish with bacon bits|
- If not serving immediately, refrigerate until ready to serve.