Index Labels

Swiss Mocha Avocado Frosting

. . No comments:
This is a recipe that comes from The Food Lovers Kitchen with my modifications (of course).  There is no dairy in this frosting, no refined sugar or any natural sugars that would spike your insulin.  I like to use xylitol, which is a sugar alcohol that helps maintain good insulin levels.  The avocados really give this frosting a very smooth texture and you won't miss the dairy at all.


Yields:  2 Cups

Ingredients:

  • 5-6 medium ripe avocados, pitted (I like more avocados)
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder (they didn't say this was unsweetened, but that's what I use)
  • 1/2 cup xylitol powder (they use maple syrup here, but I didn't want my frosting as liquidy)
  • 1 tablespoon decaff Swiss Mocha (or any coffee flavor you want with beans ground up to a powder)
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions:
  • Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
  • Put frosting into a plastic bag and pipe onto Chocolate Swiss Mocha Cupcakes or cake.  You can refrigerate for about 30 min. or so to allow it to set a bit more so it makes it easier to use, but using it immediately is also good, as the avocados give it great shape.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive