DORIS' DAILY SUMMARY/LEARNINGS:
- BP - 113/70, 60 bpm - Wanted 8 hrs of sleep, but went to bed a bit late. So, 2 days of about enough sleep, my BP is going lower. Praise God!
- Intermittent trading today. Did well.
- Boy, chicken satay & "peanut" sauce was a lot of work. Finding a meat mallet. Getting fish sauce at MeKong (near Dobson & Broadway). I live SE Gilbert, which is pretty far away. I don't know that I'd do this for another potluck again.
- Honestly, I didn't think the chicken satay would be THAT much work, otherwise I would've chosen something different.
- Stayed on track at life group. All the dishes that were brought were things I LOVE to eat, but I avoided everything that I wasn't supposed to eat and only ate things I am supposed to, which was my dish and some seaweed sheets. Felt satisfied.
- Love it when people are blessed by my cooking, and it helps benefit their health, as well as taste buds.
- Feel really happy that I got my workout done, but not sure if tomorrow I will take tomorrow off and then workout Fri/Sat. Want to not overdo things for my need.
- Love life group. Love the accountability, transparency, fellowship, prayer, worship - all of it!
SLEEP: 11:30 pm - 6:30 am (7 hrs) - Not sure why I went to bed that late. I should've gone to bed an hour earlier.
Nap: 12:00 pm - 12:45 pm (0.75 hr) - This felt good. Just wasn't sleepy anymore.
9:30 am - Heart Meds, 6 Women's Multi-Vitamins w/Iron, 3 probiotics, 2 Prograde krill EFAs
9:30 pm - Heart Meds, 1 Mg capsule, 2 Oil of Oregano capsules
EATING: Paleo+Dairy (Day 94)
Meal 1 @ 9:15 am: a chicken patty (the last one and I don't plan on buying anymore)
Meal 2 @ 12:30 pm: 1/2 cup pulled pork, Paleo BBQ (leftovers) and 3 eggs ---> lots of protein in this meal
Post Workout Shake @ 2:45 pm - 2 scoops whey protein, 1 scoop ground flaxseed, 1 scoop Greens First powder, cinnamon, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 cup cold water
Meal 3 @ 6:15 pm - 4 Chicken Satay w/"Peanut" Sauce, a bunch of seaweed sheets
WORKOUT: Did workout starting 1:45 pm
Equipment Used: Yoga mat, Polar Heartrate Monitor RS200SD, GymBoss Timer, Swiss Ball, 2-10# DBs, 2-15# DBs, 1-20# DB, softball sized massage ball (for psoas), baseball sized massage ball (for quads, calves & hams)
Warmup (2 rounds): 3:42
- Pushups x 8
- Squats x 12
- Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
- Jumping Jacks x 20
Funk Roberts - Spartacus 2.0 Week 8, Workout #1, 1st time (3 rounds): Each exercise is max reps in 60 sec followed with 15 sec rest all the way through. 90 seconds rest in between rounds. 1 Round = 12.5 min. This is a 41.5 min. workout not including warmup and cooldown.
I'm unable to publish what specifically are the exercises that are a part of Funk's Beta program, but I guarantee, they are challenging!
Cooldown: 14:54 ---> Only did trigger point work and no stretching. Most of the focus was on releasing trigger points in my quads & IT bands using the baseball sized massage ball, but I also used this on my calves. Did it for both legs. I also did a little hams releasing with that ball. And, I used the softball sized massage ball on my psoas. It felt good. Oh, I did do some hamstring walking to loosen up this area, so I guess I did do some stretching. No time for other stretching right now.
Warmup: Max HR = 117 bpm, Avg HR = 109 bpm
Round 1: Max HR = 135 bpm, Avg HR = 121 bpm
Round 2: Max HR = 146 bpm, Avg HR = 134 bpm
Round 3: Max HR = 154 bpm, Avg HR = 142 bpm
Cooldown: Max HR = 145 bpm, Avg HR = 116 bpm
Total Time: 59:19
Calories Burned: 718
Max HR: 154 bpm
Avg HR: 128 bpm
Zone 1 = 13:01, Zone 2 = 7:56, Zone 3 = 10:24, Zone 4 = 5:06
Notes: There was a HUGE difference from this time and the first time I did this and the only time I did it other than today. The heartrates were all 15-20 bpm's difference. I'm sure if I did this workout as early as I did yesterday, almost 5 hrs earlier, my heartrates would be even lower. When I originally did this workout, I started about 6:45 pm, which is 5 hrs later than when I started this workout.
So, when you workout is a huge difference. The later in the day, the higher the heartrates, but the drawback is you go to sleep sooner, which means though you initially burn more, you're not as active for as many hours. I think it works out in the end.
I could feel a very slight bothersome point in my left knee. I did go down further today in squats and lunges, but not totally, always mindful that I'm still healing. This was a good workout. I did better in everything except for Swiss Ball Rollouts because I was mindful of my knee. Great workout!