Index Labels

RFast Track & Spartacus 2.0 - Wk 7, Day 4, Thurs, 19-Apr-2012

. . No comments:

DORIS' DAILY SUMMARY/LEARNINGS: 
  • BP - 114/72, 57 bpm - Not quite as good as yesterday.  Went to sleep later.
  • I'm a little nervous to workout today, but will.  There is a little stiffness in my knees, but at least no pain.
  • A friend of mine is thinking about doing the Bulletproof Diet, which is really close to Primal eating or fattier Paleo eating.  All 3 of those ways of eating are really close to each other.  Dave Asprey has some interesting views.  I find him exciting and he seems like a person I would love to marry, though, I would want him passionate about God and have a really intimate relationship with God.
  • Figured out yesterday that I don't have to unhook all these things to download things from my digital camera.  I've only had my camera for 1.5 yrs.  LOL.
  • Today I've been in communication with a plethora of friends and it's been really nice.  Totally love it!  I'm often very isolated, and though I'm an introvert, it's really good for me to socialize some.
  • My knee hasn't recovered enough.  I was able to get through my warmup okay, but I did not go deep into the squats and tried to land lightly on the jumping jacks.  Got part way into Round 1 (more than 1/2 way through) and there was an exercise that I had to kneel for and though I was experiencing some pain with squats and lunges, the kneeling was very painful, so I stopped.
  • I've been on my period now for 9 days.  My joints have been feeling mushier than it was last week when I began my period.  I'm thinking, now, that is probably why I got injured.  Can't seem to make my period stop or know how.  It's been a long time since I had a period that lasted this long.

SMARTER GOAL:  Get my workout done, but be careful with my left knee.


SLEEP:  11:30 pm - 6:45 am (7.25 hrs) - Slept through my alarm, which is rare.  Still on my period and it's more than a week now.  Need more sleep.

Nap:  11:15 am - 1:15 pm (2 hrs) - Not sure why I needed this nap, but that's what my body said.  Body so incredibly tired.  Guess I haven't gotten the sleep I've totally needed to recover from injury.


SUPPLEMENTS/MEDICINES:
8:15 am - Heart Meds, 6 Women's Multi-Vitamins w/Iron, 2 EFAs
7:30 pm - 4 Advils (I would take Alleve's but I don't have anymore)  --- Icing down my knee again.
9:30 pm - Heart Meds, 1 Mg capsule, 2 MSMs


EATING:  Jorge Cruise's Fast Track Menu (Day 81)
Meal 1 @ 8:30 am:  2 eggs scrambled, 6-7 cilantro chicken nuggets

Meal 2@ 1:30 pm: - 1 cup of cauli-rice, a little cashews & pepitas (roasted but unsalted)

Post Workout Shake @ 7:00 pm - 2 scoops whey protein, 1 scoop ground flaxseed, 1 scoop Greens First powder, cinnamon, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 cup cold water

Meal 3 @ 7:30 pm - 2 chicken patties, jalepeno yogurt dip & spinach

---------------------------------------------------------------


WORKOUT:

Equipment Used:  Yoga matPolar Heartrate Monitor RS200SDGymBoss TimerSwiss Ball, 2-10# DBs, 2-15# DBs, 1-20# DB

Warmup (2 rounds):  
  • Pushups x 8 
  • Squats x 12
  • Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
  • Jumping Jacks x 20

Funk Roberts - Spartacus 2.0 Week 7, Workout #1, 2nd time

Unfortunately I didn't even make it through Round 1.  My left knee was swollen and in pain.  I stopped after the first 6 exercises.  The 7th exercise required kneeling and that put my knee over the edge.  Crap!



Notes:  I was hoping I could get my workout in today.  My joints have felt so mushy for quite a few days now.  When I bleed, they feel mushy, but since I've been bleeding for 9 days, I'm probably now anemic (I have a problem with this), which has probably made me more susceptible to injury.  Been having a harder time getting a full 8-hrs of sleep.  Not sure why.  Normally when I'm anemic, I crave red meat, but this week, I haven't craved red meat, but I've craved a lot of chicken and more protein.  Last week I craved red meat.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive