DORIS' DAILY SUMMARY/LEARNINGS:
- BP - 118/77, 56 bpm - Better than yesterday, but BP is still too high.
- I should've taken the time to do exercises for my knee to strengthen it, but I was editing and loading up pictures.
- Did my measurements & video stuff today. Weight gain, but inches and bodyfat loss. Not 100% ideal, but next best thing.
- I've had some cravings today because I think I haven't been 100% on my diet.
- Went to the Asian supermarket finally. Got garam masala and a bunch of other spices, coconut cream, various curry pastes. Things have gotten more expensive than I thought, but still less expensive than at the supermarket. I was completely overwhelmed with the selection of things. Rather than the choice of 1 type of coconut milk, there were like 50+ different kinds.
- I sorta wanted a nap, but I really wasn't sleepy and I was busy with video and picture stuff.
- I really love sharing the photos I take with others. One day I hope to have my own home again, but also nice photography equipment to allow me to take much better photos - food photos, people photos, landscapes, etc.
- It's hard to believe my YT videos have been viewed nearly 1000 times in the past 2 weeks - 16 videos. Maybe some people like seeing people that should not be in bikinis in bikinis? Or, maybe that I'm making progress is something they are interested in?
- Today I got into my bright orange top that I haven't been able to get into since 2008, I think. Very cool.
- Coughing has been bad today. Knee doesn't feel too bad, though.
- I need to figure out how I'm going to make muffins for my Warrior's class tomorrow, as we still have a housewarming party to go to this evening.
- I've decided I'm going to make the Grady's Brazilian Curry Chicken next Sunday to welcome them in their new home, some type of greens, and strawberry shortcakes for dessert (hopefully, that is the plan). Everything will be gluten free. I will have rice with this dish, but other than that, the rest is paleo friendly, including the cupcakes. The Curry will come from PaleoOMG recipe, and the dessert from Bill Haley's site. My kids are going to love this dinner & dessert, too.
- I succumbed to meatballs, which I'm sure had some sort of breading and the sauce tasted sweet, so I'm sure today I've consumed enough sugar to last a whole week. Ugggh. I'm going to pay for this.
- Had a great time at Kim's party, but it seemed like a couple of the men were hitting on me. Maybe they weren't, but they were a lot friendlier than I would expect. Had some GREAT conversations with a couple of the women! They were sure motivating and strong women. I'd like to keep in contact. I have their email & phone information. I could learn some things from these women. It's nice to meet entrepreneurs and successful women.
SLEEP: 10:15 am - 6:00 am (7.75 hrs) - Slept alright. Didn't want to wake up this early, but was wide awake, so I got up to do pictures, measurements, video stuff.
9:00 am - Heart Meds, 6 Women's Multi-Vitamins w/Iron, 2 EFAs, 1 MSMs, 1 Alleve
9:45 pm - Heart Meds, 1 Mg capsule, 2 MSMs, Alleve - more icing knee
EATING: Jorge Cruise's Fast Track Menu (Day 83)
Meal 1 @ 9:30 am: leftover dinner - roasted chicken stir fry w/eggplant & zucchini sauteed in bacon, cayenne pepper, sea salt, and grapeseed oil ----> wanted to make sure I ate something before the birthday party so I would not be tempted to eat anything I should not. It's not hard if I'm not hungry.
Meal 2@ 11:30 am: - 2 Hebrew National Beef hot dogs with French's mustard ---> Went to a birthday party. Glad they had hot dogs, though, that's not really my first choice of food. But, it was better than eating donuts, chips or fruit drinks for me. I love glazed donuts and I resisted eating any of these.
Treat @ 1:45 pm - 1 tablespoon of Green Tea ice cream ----> One day I hope to get a VitaMix or Blendtec, then I can make my own ice cream that is a lot healthier, but the blender I have is not powerful enough to do this.
Snack @ 3:15 pm - 1/4 cup roasted but unsalted pepitas, the last tiny bit of last night's dinner, 15 dark chocolate almonds ----> I'm thinking I exceeded my sugar intake for the day with the dark chocolate almonds