Index Labels

Curried Chicken Thighs

. . No comments:
This is a meal that is made by the crockpot and is such a delicious meal.  The ingredients can vary, as every time I do this, it's a little different.  My kids, especially my son, really loves this dish a lot.  This dish is really good over cauli-rice or garlic brown rice (if you eat grains).

Ingredients:

  • 2-3 lbs chicken thighs (can be bone-in or boneless)
  • 2 onions, sliced into big chunks
  • garlic powder
  • a large can of dice tomatoes
  • 1 Tbspn cumin, ground
  • 2 Tbspns oregano, dried
  • 1 Tbspn unsweetened cocoa powder (it has to be unsweetened)
  • sea salt
  • ground pepper
  • 1 tbspn cayenne pepper (if you like it spicy, add more - if not, then delete this)
  • 3-5 bay leaves
  • 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
  • coconut oil (or grapeseed oil)

Directions:
  • Saute onions in a little coconut oil until slightly browned on medium heat.  This carmelizes the onions.  Put into crockpot.  


  • Add a little more coconut oil to the pan and turn heat up to medium high.  Add chicken thighs to brown. Sprinkle one side of the thighs with sea salt, garlic powder, and ground pepper (I think I forgot the ground pepper).

  • Turn over and brown on other side if you are using boneless chicken thighs. 
  • Place the next layer into the crockpot with the chicken thighs.

  • Add bay leaves and the rest of the spices to the chicken thighs in the crockpot.

  • Top with diced tomatoes.

  • Add chicken broth.
  • Cover.  Cook on low heat for 6-8 hrs or on high for 3-4 hrs.  I actually like to cook on high heat for 2 hrs and then turn it to low heat for 3 hrs.
  • To this dish, after the chicken is nearly done, I will often add veggies, like whatever I may have on hand - zucchini, eggplant, etc.  But, before I add to the mixture, I will lightly saute the veggies before adding to the crockpot for another hour or so.  I may need to add a little more liquid, which you could use water or chicken broth.  I forgot to take a picture of the finished product, but I'm sure I'll make it again.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive