Index Labels

Trigger Points & Coughing

. . No comments:
For many years, when I get into a coughing thing, sometimes it's lasted as long as 9 months of chronic coughing.  That particular time, it was resolved through Chinese herbal medicine.

Another time it was solved by drinking Isagenix supplements.

This is the 2nd time I've gotten sick in 2012 and the 2nd time I've had coughing issues.  This time I am determined to not take any cough drops or cough suppressants.  I don't like what it did to me last time and don't think it really helped me.

This evening, as I was doing some reading in The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook: Your Self-Treatment Guide for Pain Relief, Second Edition, after I helped my daughter using this book, get rid of trigger points in her feet that were causing pain in the balls of her feet, I was reading about some pain I intermittently experience in my left scapula area.

While reading about that, a part of that talked about the sternocleidomastoid, which is a muscle that runs from the back of the ear down to your clavicle (about).  I then began reading about the different scalene muscles, which there are 4 of them.  As I read about these, I began to press the sternocleidomastoid and the scalene muscles, feeling for trigger points.

Honestly, they aren't that easy to detect like they are in my calves.  And, it is in the neck region and I'm always a little wary of doing this.  But, as I read these few pages and continued to apply a lot of pressure to first the left side and then the right side, I notice phlegm was no longer present.  I had been pretty congested earlier this evening.  I also noticed that there was ZERO desire or need to cough.

My coughing has been super bad all day.  Anyway, sometimes if there are trigger points in the scalenes, this can be brought on by coughing.  I'm really going to see if my coughing is gone or not.  Didn't even realize or think about trigger points for the coughing until now.

Went to YT to look up some videos on this, but what Clair talks about in his book was more descriptive than the few videos I saw.  Now I'm super tired and a bit thirsty.  I don't know if I hit on any trigger points, but I do know that since I started working in this area, that I haven't coughed or is there phlegm.  Wow!

We'll see tomorrow if I'm still coughing or not.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive