DORIS' DAILY SUMMARY/LEARNINGS:
- Am feeling much more well-rested with 2 nights of getting enough sleep. I have 3 Spartacus workouts to makeup in the next 6 days, which also means that I need to get my protein powder that I've run out of and make sure I eat enough this week to sustain 3 extra tough workouts. The goal is to do 1 workout in the morning and 1 in the late afternoon, to allow greater metabolism spikes.
- Need to really focus on getting to bed on time and turning off my phone after 9 pm, so I am not distracted.
- Today and the following 4 Sundays, I am teaching my Warriors Sunday School class. They are 3-4 yr olds and I need to be a warrior in my habits.
- A friend had been telling me about Crossfit and that what I have been doing resembles Crossfit. Though I have heard of it for years, I never investigated as I loved what I had been doing and was getting results. It seemed like a cult following to me, as my friend had also pointed out. Anyway, today I went to see a little what Crossfit was about and it looks even tougher than what I've been doing. My workouts are tough, and I don't feel inclined to do some of the things that I saw, like using a gigantic tire, or snatches with a ton of weight on a barbell, or pistols. No thank you. My workouts are tough already and it gives me no satisfaction to do the other stuff, at least at this point in my life.
- Found another site that has paleo recipes - Foodee. I put a badge on my site if you are interested in linking to it.
- I tried to get interested in BodyRock after Zuzka Light has left, but it's not the same. Though Lisa is the new girl and very fit, I don't find her motivating or inspiring. She seems like some of the gym instructors that I never connected with that was always thin and fit, and can't relate to those of us who are. There is something wonderful about Zuzka that made her appealing and relate-able, even though she looks fantastic. Guess with her flaws that she reveals and sounds sincere about, it helps us to connect. I like her new channel better and I'm no longer a BodyRock fan.
- I think what I had for lunch had a great impact on my tiredness. Definitely eating what I ate, the little bit of corn and the baked onion rings did something to me and it was pretty immediate. I could barely drive home and felt comatose. That isn't the case when I made my own foods. Guess I did not plan properly, as I knew this event was coming up.
- Eating this weekend wasn't that great as I'm used to making all my own foods and this time, I had a lot of foods that I didn't prepare, so I wasn't sure exactly what all went into the foods, which could account for me feeling so sluggish. Time to get back on track with my eating & sleep, as well as exercise.
SMARTER GOAL: Workout. ----> Failed. Haven't been doing so well with my workouts.
SLEEP: 10:30 pm - 7:00 am (8.5 hrs) - I think I fell asleep actually closer to 10 pm. Can't remember. Feel much better this morning.
Nap: 4-7:45 pm (3.75 hrs) - I was exhausted. Feel much better now. Hope I can sleep tonight.
7:55 am - 3 Probiotics, Heart Meds, 2 Krill EFAs
9:00 pm - Heart Meds, 1 Mg capsule
EATING: Jorge Cruise's Fast Track Menu (Day 63)
Meal 2@ 1:15 pm: - Mexi-Salad from Trader Joe's - this had corn in it and I did not pick it out. Some baked onion rings from Trader Joe's - this had rice flour and some cornmeal. This was not a good meal for me to have for the way I eat.
Meal 3 @ 8:15 pm: 3/4 oz 85% dark chocolate, 2 oz raw almonds, 3 eggs over easy with sea salt & olive oil