Index Labels

Mike Geary's Healthy Fat-Burning Chocolate Pudding

. . No comments:
I don't have any fancy or pretty glass dishes or bowls right now.
2-4 servings

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 of a ripe avocado (soft to touch)
  • approx 3 tablespoons of almond butter (preferably raw if possible)
  • approx 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk (preferably organic)
  • 2 heaping tablespoons of organic cocoa powder, unsweetened
  • 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 1 packet of stevia (or enough to your desired sweetness level)
  • 1/2 to 3/4 of a scoop of chocolate protein powder (my new favorite is an awesome GRASS-FED raw whey protein I found here)
  • just a small pinch of sea salt

Directions:
Put the avocado and almond butter into a bowl and mash together with a fork until smooth.  Then add all of the other ingredients into the bowl and mix together vigorously until all is mixed and smooth.  If you're good with a food processor, you can use that too, but I just mash everything together by hand.

If everything went right, the consistency will be similar to pudding... except normal pudding makes you FAT with loads of sugar!  My healthy pudding recipe will actually HELP you to burn fat, control cravings, and satisfy your body's need for micro-nutrients, protein, healthy fats, and fiber.

If the pudding ends up too thick, simply add a bit more almond milk or coconut milk for more moisture until the consistency seems right.

If you want to get a little wild and add some more nutrient-rich additions, feel free to add some chopped pecans, chia seeds, rice bran, or walnuts at the end.  And it tastes great to top this dish with some sliced strawberries!

------------------------------------------------

My Comments:
  • This recipe is something that came in an email.  I have all the ingredients at home, except for the protein powder, so I need to get some of that.  Well, I did have a little protein powder left, so I used that.  It wasn't chocolate but vanilla strawberry.  
  • I used a blender to blend everything, as I was too lazy to do it the way Geary did the blending.
  • Instead of stevia, I used xylitol, which is a sugar alcohol.  Xylitol doesn't have the aftertaste of stevia.  I had stevia in the kitchen, though.
  • I used a whole small avocado (ripe).
  • I wanted a little bit more pudding than this made, so I added a banana to this.  However, I forgot a banana has a bunch of sugar, so it made this pudding a bit sweet.  If you add a banana, do not add any other type of sweetener.  I really should've just added another avocado.
  • This was sooooo easy to make and so good.  My kids licked the blender and the spatula.  

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive