Index Labels

Roasted Indian Eggplant

. . No comments:
When I was at Sprouts a week or so ago, they had these cute little Indian eggplants.  They looked like little baby eggplants.  It was 2 lbs/$1, so I thought I might give it a try.  Have been on an eggplant binge lately, so I'm finally getting around to using them.

This recipe is adapted from Melissa's blog, I Breathe . . . I'm Hungry from her Roasted Baby Eggplant recipe.



Ingredients:
  • 14 Indian eggplants
  • olive oil
  • sea salt
  • ground pepper
  • fennel

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350° F.
  • Cut eggplants in half lengthwise.  (Note:  You can cut off stem or leave them on.  I cut them off.)
  • Put eggplants in a baking dish.  No need to oil.
 
  • Sprinkle eggplant halves with sea salt, ground pepper & fennel.  If you don't have fennel, it's okay.  You can omit this.
  • Drizzle eggplant halves with olive oil.
  • Bake for 45 min. at 350° F.
  • You can top eggplants with whatever you want, including nothing.  I topped mine with the Swiss Chard - Cilantro Pesto that I made earlier this morning.  It was so yummy.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive