Index Labels

Cilantro Chicken Nuggets

. . No comments:
This is the second type of chicken nuggets I made today.  This recipe comes from Paleo OMG blog.  She's also a funny writer with a dry sense of humor.  Here's her recipe:  Cilantro Chicken Nuggets.  My modifications to her recipe of what I actually made are as follows.

Okay, this is now 8-May-12 and I've made these again with more modifications.  The just coconut flour from PaleoOMG is alright, but I prefer the outer coating a bit tastier than just coconut flour.  I reduced the very heavy coconut flour some and mixed it with almond meal, added salt & pepper, as well as garlic powder to this.  This made these spectacular!  I sorta got this idea off of the coconut chicken nuggets where you put salt & pepper in the outer coating rather than the nugget itself.  It gives it more flavor and I like this a  lot.  My kids loved this revision EVEN Better and these were the nuggets that went the quickest.



Makes about 30 Nuggets.

Ingredients:

  • 1.5 lbs ground chicken
  • 1 jumbo egg (this really was too much; use 1 large egg)
  • 1 large bundle cilantro, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup almond meal
  • 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
  • 2 Tbspns sesame oil
  • 2 Tbspn fresh ginger, finely chopped (adding extra ginger)
  • sea salt & ground pepper, to taste
  • 2/3 cup coconut flour (reducing this)
  • 2/3 cup almond meal (adding this)
  • sea salt & ground pepper
  • 1.5 Tbspns garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil

Directions:
  • Heat a skillet on medium high heat with coconut oil.
  • Place first 8 ingredients in a stainless steel or glass bowl.  

  • Place coconut flour in a shallow, wide bowl (or dish).  Okay, I've modified this recipe now to make it even tastier & better.  If you want, you can just use coconut flour, but I like coconut flour mixed with almond meal, add some salt & pepper, as well as a some garlic powder.  Mix this all by hand.

  • Mix first 8 ingredients together by hand well.  If it seems to "wet", then add a little more almond meal.

  • Roll meat mixture into 1 tablespoon balls, then lightly dust with dry mixture (coconut flour, almond meal, salt & pepper, garlic powder).
  • Place balls in skillet and cook for about 3-4 min.  Flip over and sort smash down some, so it looks like a nugget.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive