Okay, this is now 8-May-12 and I've made these again with more modifications. The just coconut flour from PaleoOMG is alright, but I prefer the outer coating a bit tastier than just coconut flour. I reduced the very heavy coconut flour some and mixed it with almond meal, added salt & pepper, as well as garlic powder to this. This made these spectacular! I sorta got this idea off of the coconut chicken nuggets where you put salt & pepper in the outer coating rather than the nugget itself. It gives it more flavor and I like this a lot. My kids loved this revision EVEN Better and these were the nuggets that went the quickest.
Makes about 30 Nuggets.
- 1.5 lbs ground chicken
- 1 jumbo egg (this really was too much; use 1 large egg)
- 1 large bundle cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbspns sesame oil
- 2 Tbspn fresh ginger, finely chopped (adding extra ginger)
- sea salt & ground pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup coconut flour (reducing this)
- 2/3 cup almond meal (adding this)
- sea salt & ground pepper
- 1.5 Tbspns garlic powder
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat with coconut oil.
- Place first 8 ingredients in a stainless steel or glass bowl.
- Place coconut flour in a shallow, wide bowl (or dish). Okay, I've modified this recipe now to make it even tastier & better. If you want, you can just use coconut flour, but I like coconut flour mixed with almond meal, add some salt & pepper, as well as a some garlic powder. Mix this all by hand.
- Mix first 8 ingredients together by hand well. If it seems to "wet", then add a little more almond meal.
- Roll meat mixture into 1 tablespoon balls, then lightly dust with dry mixture (coconut flour, almond meal, salt & pepper, garlic powder).
- Place balls in skillet and cook for about 3-4 min. Flip over and sort smash down some, so it looks like a nugget.