Index Labels

RFast Track & Spartacus 2.0 - Wk 7, Day 1, Mon, 16-Apr-2012

. . No comments:

DORIS' DAILY SUMMARY/LEARNINGS: 
  • BP - 112/68, 52 bpm - BP is getting much better.  The 68 I'm hoping to get that to be around 60.
  • I felt tired earlier today and wanted to nap, but I did not.  Thank goodness.
  • I spent time trading the ES (S&P 500 emini's) - papertrading.  Only did this for 2.25 hrs and took 8.5 points in 5 trades.  Boy, I wish that was real money.
  • Spent some time trying to figure out how to edit video with Windows Movie Maker.  Had to convert my .MOV file to something that WMM would take in terms of format.  Didn't realize I paid for software awhile back that would do this.  Duuh!
  • My cough has been super bad today and exhausting.  Very annoying, too.  I've taken 2 full Mucinex DM tablets today and it did not have the effect like it did yesterday, but it also didn't take away the cough or make it better.  Today, however, I took the tablets with food, where I did not yesterday.  Let's see, take it without food, cough goes away, but I feel like crap all day.  Or, take it with food and no effect with stuff coughing.  Hmmmm.  I don't like those choices.

SMARTER GOAL:  Get my workout done!  ----->  Done!


SLEEP:  11:30 pm - 6:00 am (6.5 hrs) -  Woke up excited for today.


SUPPLEMENTS/MEDICINES:
7:00 am - Heart Meds, 6 Women's Multi-Vitamins w/Iron, 3 probiotics, 2 Prograde krill EFAs
9:30 am - 1/2 Mucinex DM tablet ---> Hoping that I don't feel as crappy as yesterday with half, but reduced coughing to none.
12:30 pm - 1/2 Mucinex DM tablet -----> No effect
5:30 pm - 1 Mucinex DM tablet ----> No effect
9:30 pm - Heart Meds, 1 Mg capsule, 2 Oil of Oregano capsules


EATING:  Jorge Cruise's Fast Track Menu (Day 78)
Meal 1 @ 7:15 am:  2 eggs scrambled w/2 thin slices bacon (unfortunately I bought the regular kind and thought it had no nitrites - got the wrong kind)

Snack @ 9:30 am - 1/2 egg scrambled, 1/2 slice bacon (leftover food from my son).  Wanted to take this with the Mucinex DM to see if this will help as yesterday I took on an empty stomach.

Meal 2@ 4:15 pm: - Mediterranean salad at Grimaldi's with grilled chicken

Meal 3 @ 5:45 pm - leftover something - I think it was Beef & Vegetable Curry

Post Workout Shake @ 7:50 pm - 2 scoops whey protein, 1 scoop ground flaxseed, 1 scoop Greens First powder, cinnamon, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 cup cold water


---------------------------------------------------------------


WORKOUT:  Did workout starting 6:40 pm

Equipment Used:  Yoga matPolar Heartrate Monitor RS200SDGymBoss TimerSwiss Ball, 2-10# DBs, 2-15# DBs, 1-20# DB

Warmup (2 rounds):  3:28
  • Pushups x 8 
  • Squats x 12
  • Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
  • Jumping Jacks x 20

Funk Roberts - Spartacus 2.0 Week 7, Workout #1, 1st time

I will not be posting what these exercises are, but they are tough and good.  If you are interested in any of Funk's workouts, you can check him out on YouTube or go to his blog.  I have a link in my blog to his site.

Cooldown:  15:44 ---> Used the foam roller on glutes, hamstrings (ow!), shins (OW!!!!), quads (ow!), back

Heartrates
Warmup:  Max HR = 136 bpm, Avg HR = 124 bpm
Round 1:  Max HR = 155 bpm, Avg HR = 141 bpm
Round 2:  Max HR = 162 bpm, Avg HR = 152 bpm
Round 3:  Max HR = 167 bpm, Avg HR = 157 bpm
Cooldown:  Max HR = 152 bpm, Avg HR = 137 bpm

Total Time:  59:53
Calories Burned:  940
Max HR:  167 bpm
Avg HR:  146 bpm

Zone 1 = 6:42, Zone 2 = 11:16, Zone 3 = 9:08, Zone 4 = 18:56, Zone 5 = 12:52


Notes:  This was a great workout.  Not sure if I wasn't coughing so much if my heartrates would've gotten so high or not.  And, this is one of the times I worked out really late.  Normally I don't workout this late, but I did today as I almost talked myself out of working out due to this cough.  I'm still not a fan of the KBs, but I can see where they might be easier for some exercises than DBs.

This workout was done at home.  Though I've resolved my issue with the gym (I hope.  We'll have to really see or not).  The painful thing is that they have all the gym stuff all scattered and I would have to go looking for things and their Swiss Balls are HUGE.  So, if I workout at home, I don't have KBs.  If I workout at the gym, I have to hunt for the items and they don't have a Swiss Ball I could use, but they have KBs.  Either way, it's not perfect.

I burned a lot of calories in this workout and this is probably the workout of all the spartacus ones I've done that I've burned the most calories in this amount of time.  Again, the later in the day it gets, the higher my heartrates get, and all the coughing may have easily made my heartrates higher.

I've been watching videos on YT how releasing trigger points using various tools.  Today I just wanted to use the foam roller in a manner than I don't normally.  I found some tight areas in my quads, hams, and my shins were super painful to work on.  Looks like there is some work ahead here.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive