Index Labels

Spicy Chipotle BBQ Sauce - Paleo Friendly

. . No comments:
This recipe is adapted from Bill Staley and Hayley Mason's website, The Food Lover's Kitchen - Barbecue Sauce.  As usual, I modified to what I had on hand instead or what I liked.  Here is what I did.  Their recipe said chipotle in the directions, but was not listed in the ingredients.  I had a small can of chipotle peppers in adobe sauce.  Asked the kids if they wanted spicy and they both said, "YES!"  I added the whole can, which made it super spicy.  EEEK!  But, it's still very tasty.

I made the Pulled Pork BBQ from their website.  It was only 3 ingredients, so I didn't change anything.  I put this sauce over the Pulled Pork and it was so good.  However, the pork shoulder I used was very lean and I think probably buying boneless pork ribs that had a bit more fat would've tasted even better.

Ingredients:
  • 1 Tbspn coconut oil
  • 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 Tbspns Dijon mustard
  • 1 tspn paprika
  • 1 tspn sea salt
  • 1 small can chipotle peppers & sauce, finely chopped  (If you don't like it spicy, omit this)
  • 1/4 cup xylitol (or 2-3 Tbspns maple syrup, Grade B)
  • 6 oz tomato paste, low sodium
  • 1 1/2 limes, the juice
  • 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, low sodium

Directions:
  • Heat coconut oil on medium high heat in saucepan.
  • Add onion and garlic.  Saute until soft & translucent.
  • Add mustard, paprika, sea salt, chipotle peppers & sauce.  Mix and cook for 30 sec.
  • Add xylitol (or maple syrup), tomato paste, lime juice, chicken broth.  Whisk until mixed well.
  • Bring to boil.  
  • Reduce heat to simmer.  Cook for 45 min. 
  • Remove from heat and cool.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive